Books and Movie nights (Reggie Peters x reader)

TITLE: Books and Movie nights (JATP Reggie x reader)

Prompt/summary:  Reggie falls asleep on the readers lap during band practice, teasing and shenanigans ensues

Word Count: 1,093

Authors note: This is assuming the reader/Julie can touch Reggie and the other phantoms. Maybe takes place after season one??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The band always joked that they never saw me without a book.

And that was true. I never went anywhere without one. Even in the loudest of concert halls and quietest of libraries I was always found to be immersed in the stories and words people had published. Teachers would get annoyed but they loved me because I stayed quiet and did my work on time. Who could complain about that? There are so many good books out there, and I wanted to read as many as I could before I died.

Band practices could get noisy. Even reading in there was hard for me to do, but maybe that was because I wanted to watch them practice their new songs and solos for their next performance in LA.

"Woah guys look, (Y/n) isn't reading!" Luke laughed.

"It's a miracle, welcome back to the real world," Flynn said. I shoved her shoulder playfully before tucking my book into my bag. Julie brought the band's attention back to practice and they started on the next song.

I clapped as they hit the last chord of the song. Reggie flipped his hair back and smiled. I tried my hardest not to stare at him as the beating of my heart increased suddenly.

"Alright guys, let's take a break. I'm starving," Julie said.

They all sat down in the chairs around the garage. I pulled my book out of my bag and went back to reading the story. Reggie stumbled over and plopped down on the couch beside me, he then leaned over and put his head in my lap.

"Whatcha reading?" he smiled.

I looked down, amused at his actions, "To Kill a Mockingbird. My English teacher said she'd give me extra credit if I could read it by tomorrow and take a pop quiz on it."

"So you just started it today?"

"Yeah," I shrugged, "I'm only halfway through it."

"I wish I could read like you do," Reggie said, he reached up to smooth his hair back and I swear my heart stopped for a second.

"You just haven't found the right books to read."

Reggie shrugged and nodded. I went back to reading. I didn't realize how much time had passed so I was kinda shocked when I looked down to see Reggie asleep on my lap. His hair had fallen in his face.

I looked around to make sure no one was looking, only Flynn was in the garage now and she was playing on her phone. I bit my lip, reaching down and brushing his hair back. He mumbled something in his sleep.

We were interrupted by Julie, Luke, and Alex coming back into the garage with boxes of pizza.

"Aw look at the love birds," Luke said, Julie laughed as she saw Reggie fast asleep in my lap.

"Shhh! You're gonna wake him up," I said.

They giggled and sat the food down. When they weren't looking I played with Reggie's hair some more. Eventually, he started to stir.

"Pizza?" he grumbled.

I laughed, "Yes Reggie, there's pizza over there."

He stood up and grabbed two plates, filling them with pizza before handing one to me.

"Thank you, sir," I said. He sat back down beside me and we dug in.

Julie locked eyes with me and started making kissy faces. I stuck my tongue out at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice, I decided to go back home so I could finish my book in peace.

Which that peace didn't last for long, because after a few minutes Reggie poofed into my room scaring me so bad the book fell out of my hand.

"Reggie! Now I lost my place," I pouted.

"Aw, I'm sorry (Y/n)," he frowned, "I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to have a movie night."

(Y/n) sighed, "Reggie, I really have to finish this."

"(Y/nnnnnn) come on! You got all day tomorrow to finish it, English is your last class," Reggie groaned. He laid down and spread out on the bed on top of her.

I rolled my eyes, but he was right. I reached over and placed the book on the nightstand. Reggie grabbed my hand and placed it on his head.

Laughing I started to scratch his head lightly and play with his hair, "What do you wanna watch?"

"I don't know, I love Star Wars."

"Have you watched The Mandalorian yet?" I asked.

Reggie looked at me confused, "No?"

I clicked onto Disney+on my laptop and searched for The Mandalorian. I put it on and put the remote back on the bed. Reggie sat up to wrap his arm around me and pulling me close to him. I tried to push my hair into my face to hide the blush that was quickly forming.

"Is... this okay?" he asked slowly.

I squeaked out, "Yeah."

His attention was turned back to the show as Mando shot someone who attacked him. Slowly I felt myself get tired as we watched episode after episode. I can't even remember when I fell asleep but all I remember is that Reggie leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I love you (Y/n)," he whispered.

I paused, debating on if I wanted to say something back. I had nothing to lose, so I looked up at him and said, "I love you too."

Reggie jumped at the sound of my voice but he smiled soon after. I tucked my head back into his chest and fell asleep in his embrace.