Siding with the Devil

Satan's point of view

I sit and wait for hell's next newcomer. Wolf and Steph have not returned to heaven yet, though I have received word from Wolf that she had cancer on her brain that they removed. Hopefully it hasn't spread.

A newcomer arrives at the center of the chamber, but this one is bleeding. He holds his chest as blood trickles out of several holes.

"I fucking hate guns." I mutter to myself as I approach him.

This man stays silent, so without another word I set my hand on his shoulder to see his life.

He's a simple man with a mate and a child. Worked as a banker but got shot in a robbery. He always viewed himself as the devil and was a rebel in his youth. His fatal flaw is no fear. Perfect material for a demon.

I remove my hand and open my eyes to see the man turning slightly pale. I go back to my throne to grab a fresh pair of extra long hemostats, then return to him.

"This will hurt a little bit. Then you'll be on your way." I warn him. I insert the tool into his chest and when I feel it tap against a piece of metal, I clamp it in the tool and remove it. I repeat this procedure with the other two holes in his chest while he grits his teeth and yells out occasionally.

"What made you believe you were going to hell?" I ask him as I set down the tool.

"I rebelled a lot in my youth. Besides, I'm too rough to belong in such a pristine place." He responds, his voice slightly shaky.

"You'll fit in fine here. Don't worry, hell isn't much like you thought. You will be a demon. We don't torture good souls here."

"Thank you Lord." The man begs, watching me with pleading eyes.

I laugh softly. "I may be your Lord but I am not God. I am Satan." I tell him.

He looks at me with scared eyes.

"You have a lot to learn. Don't worry." I tell him.

'Another one ready to go.' I tell Sandra, my right hand demon. She usually waits farther down the hall, lounging on a couch.

"When will I get my wings?" The man asks.

"Once your body on earth is gone. Let's hope it gets cremated. For now, sit tight, as you're a human in a demons world."

As if on cue, Sandra emerges from the hallway and beckons for the man to follow. He obliges and I'm left in silence again.

I don't get as many new additions to hell as my brother gets in heaven. Most people believe they are going to heaven, but it's always good to have the nice people come to hell like that man. Most of the time I have to deal with the rapists, thieves, and murderers since they are the ones that believe they are going to hell.

I'm broken from my thoughts when I get a mind link from Wolf.

'We're back in heaven. We are going to be discussing what happened once she wakes up.'

'Ill be up in a few.' I respond.

'Send that guy with a friend. I need you to watch hell for me.' I tell Sandra.

'Yes my Lord.' She responds.

I spread my wings and launch myself down the hallway before she returns and as I reach the first intersection of Hell I stroke my leathery wings again to go faster. As I reach the upward exit out of Hell, I make a sharp upward turn and kick off of the wall to maintain momentum. I flap my wings harder against the currents pulling me back down. The searing heat of the volcano only feels like a gentle warmth on my skin.