It's Time

A week goes by fast, each day more pain is brought to me, but it's still nothing I can't manage. I stop back talking the guy, knowing that I want to allude to my breaking.

'Is it time yet?' I pray to father.

'Yes. It's time. We got everything where it needs to be.' He replies.

I close my eyes and hang my head down, dropping my wings so that they touch the floor.

'Does he know what a broken angel looks like?' I ask Father.

'Only from his readings.'

'Good.' I respond to him. It isn't long before my torturer comes in, and instead of lifting my head, I keep it down and my eyes closed. A second set of footsteps indicate a second person, likely Wolf. Probably out of habit, my torturer his the butting on the wall, but I don't respond to the electric shock.

"We finally broke her." Wolf says, walking up to me. He traces his finger from my wrist to my shoulder, putting on a show for my torturer.

"Yes. Thank you for your help. Looks like heat did the trick." He replies.

"You know, I have an idea that I think we should present to the board." Wolf says.

"What's that?"

"Any angels in the system should be broken. They wouldn't have the will to commit to another crime."

"Now that's an idea."

"We can bring her as an example. She's not gonna fight back. You already learned that from the book."

"True. Let's prepare for the next meeting. I'll get it in the agenda." My torturer says. He approaches me and lifts my chin. I open my eyes slightly and stare off in the distance. He drops his hand and I let my head fall forward again.

Without another word they both leave.