11

Sorry it is taking longer to post, I have midterms all over the place this month. I also was writing and decided to split this chapter into two parts because it kept getting longer and longer. On the plus side, that means the next chapter will come sooner bc i have it mostly finished :)

Thank you for reading and voting, I appreciate you all <3

_________

Cyra awoke the next morning to the loud sound of her door slamming. She sat up, only to see a pissed off looking Azula entering.

"What time is it?" Cyra yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"My idiot brother is hiding something from me, I know it. Does he really think he can fool me? I practically invented lying," Azula began angrily pacing back and forth, ignoring Cyra's question.

"What are you talking about?" Cyra asked leaning against her headboard, watching the princess walk back and forth in her room.

"I saw him in the gardens, moody as ever, and— Cyra if I tell you this you mustn't repeat it to anyone, understood?" Azula paused to look Cyra in the eyes.

"Yes, Azula. Moody as ever and what," Cyra agreed, waiting for the princess to finish explaining as she continued her pacing.

"Anyways, I noticed he had been off the entire trip back and now he is attempting to lie to me. Cyra I... I think that somehow the avatar might still be alive," Azula stopped pacing again to see what Cyra had to say. Cyra sat in stunned silence for a moment.

"Azula, you'll have to give me a little more detail if you want my advice. Tell me what really happened in Ba Sing Se," Cyra leaned back against her headboard, more confused than ever.

"Fine. So when we were back in Ba Sing Se, I struck the avatar in the back with lightening while he was in the avatar state," Azula paused her pacing once more to watch Cyra's reaction. Cyra made sure to keep her face blank, but inside her heart tore in two. The girl she was falling in love with was the one who murdered the avatar. But then again maybe she didn't...

"And then what?" Cyra asked impatiently.

"Well, he fell and that water tribe girl left with his body. We never actually got to check if he was dead or not," Azula explained.

"How could he possibly have survived being struck by lightening like that?" Cyra wondered.

"I don't know, but Zuko is definitely hiding something about it. What am I supposed to do? If it comes out the avatar is still alive and I failed to kill him, I'd be done for, Cyra. A disgrace to my nation and family," Azula said desperately, pacing faster.

Cyra thought about it for awhile. A couple ideas popped into her head immediately; let Azula's honor be destroyed and then maybe she would leave with Cyra, or find a way to place the blame on Azula's brother and save Azula's honor. Cyra knew what she wanted to do, what would make herself happy.

But if Cyra left tonight, she would be leaving Azula to the possibility of being disowned and banished. This girl wouldn't survive a day on her own. Zuko's honor was already fragile, questioned, and Cyra knew the boy's destiny in the war did not lie within the fire nation palace's walls. If he was banished once more, it would be to the benefit of him. Cyra sighed and massaged her temples.

"Tell your father it was Zuko," she said at last, making her decision.

"What?" Azula stared at her, baffled.

"That killed the avatar. Say it was Zuko," Cyra elaborated.

"And let him take all the glory? No thank you," Azula huffed and continued her pacing.