I didn't want to be left alone with him but I guess I had no choice now. So I decided to play it cool and be cordial to see what his real intentions were. 

We walked in silence. I wouldn't say I was shy but he just made me nervous for some reason. 

"So, you don't feel like talking today," he asked. 

"I don't know what to say," I admitted.

"Well I guess I should just be glad you aint cussing me out."

I smiled at that. 

"I'm not always like that," I told him. I don't know why but I suddenly felt bad about being so mean to him, not that he didnt deserve it.

"I'm sure you aint but I cant blame you wit the way I came at you."

I nodded and he stopped walking and stood in front of me.

"Lets start over," he held out his hand, "I"m August and you are?"

I looked at his hand and smiled, "Kashmere."

He nodded and licked his lips, "Unique name."

"I could say the same thing about you, I don't know know other boys named August."

"It's cause I'm one of a kind," he smirked and I smiled. 

We walked and small talked until we reached the Nike Outlet. As soon as we walked in a girl who I assumed worked here made her way over to us eyes focused in on August.

"Hi, I'm Brianna. Do you need any help finding what your looking for," she asked him as if I wasn't standing right next to him. 

"No, we got it," he assured her and he maneuvered around her taking my hand. That gesture  completely caught me off guard and he must of did the same with the girl. She looked down at our hands and frowned. 

Once we were away from her I pulled my hand out of his grasp and he looked back at me with a slight smirk.

"C'mon," I followed behind him until we got to the mans section, "I want to see if you got good taste." 

"With what," I asked and he motioned over the shoes and I smiled. I had a bit of a shoe collection myself, mainly sneakers. Different colors, different brands. I couldn't tell you what the sneakers were called but I think I had good taste. 

Browsing through the aisles we looked over the shoes but to my surprise he told me he had just about every pair. Not finding anything we left that store and continued to walk the mall.  I wasn't much of a shopper so nothing caught my eye even though he kept asking if I saw something I liked. 

It got to the point where neither one of us felt like shopping so we agreed to walk to the food court and find someplace to sit. Once we got there we sat down and continued to talk.

"What are you studyin'?"

"Business," I told him and his eyes widened, "What?"

"I don't know, guess I figured you were gon' say somethin' else."

"Something like," I asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged.

"My turn," I smiled, so far he's been asking the questions but I had yet to ask any of him.

"How old are you," I asked him.

"19, I'll be 20 in September."

I frowned, "Your name is August but you were born in September?"