A couple of minutes later the song was over and I was slightly out of breath. I turned off my music and looked at the girls waiting for them to give me there opinions. Instead they just stared at me not saying a word. 

"So....?"

That was an open invitation to ask me a million and one questions such as, who I was trying to show off for and what had gotten into me. I answered the questions nonchalantly and refused anymore so we could start practicing. They would talk all day if I let them. 

It was only Monday and they helped to perfect the dance a little but there was no rush, we still had 2 more practices before Friday night. 

The upcoming days before the battle we practiced until we got the dance down pact and picked out some outfits to dance to. We never went over the top with the outfits or matched them but we did make sure we looked good though and this week the girls wanted something cute to go with the dance so I let them decide as I really could care less what we wore.

The week went by fast and Friday was here before I knew it. As usual I went to work and after that I met up with the girls for a quick practice. Then we all went our separate ways and I got home and chilled out for a while until I had to get ready for tonight. 

At 5:00 I showered and dressed, grabbing my bag with the outfit I was dancing to tonight and other essentials and waited around for the girls to pick me up. 

Danielle picked me up around 5:30 and when got there we greeted some regulars and went to the back and changed. I was done, not bothering with anything extra while Crystal had to be the one to stand out putting on makeup and jewelry. I put on some small hoops and decided to leave my curly natural hair as is. 

The battle started after six and everything was going smoothly, two crews already went and I was just anticipating our turn.

"Oh my god," Crystal said aloud diverting all of our attention to her and she looked off in the distance. 

"What," Julianna asked her slightly panicked like the rest of us.

"August is here," she exclaimed and my eyes quickly followed in the direction she was looking at.

I was shocked and kind of confused, it was Friday night and out of all the places he could be and the things he could be doing he decided to show up here?

"What is he doing here," Danielle looked just as confused as me. 

"He must have seen my Instagram post reminding people to show up tonight," Crystal spoke up.

"You posted that every week this year so far and he never bothered to show up before," Julianna reminded her and I agreed. This didn't seem like his type of scene. 

"I'm going to go say hi," Crystal was about to walk over but Danielle grabbed her arm pulling her back. 

"No your not your going to stand here and focus and then after we nail this dance you can go talk, smile and flirt with him all you want," Danielle told her letting go of her arm. 

Crystal started to pout and I rolled my eyes at her dramatic ass. I knew it just could have been a coincidence but he's only come out once before and that was last year. I remember Crystal whining about him leaving during the second half before she got a chance to say hi. 

It's not like i cared if he was here anyway, but for some reason I felt nervous. I've been dancing in public for damn near all of my life and I barely ever get nervous. Every so often I felt my eyes drift over to where he was sitting. He already had an audience of thirsty girls crowding around, trying to get his attention. It was so hard to look away though, he was always cute but for some reason tonight he was looking beyond that. He was dressed simple yet nice and I was glad he wasn't one of those boys who just rocked plain boring T's all the time. He had on a gold chain and...