~16~

Darkness screeches with laughter, "that was it? That was all you've got?!" She takes the golden orb into her hands and absorbs the power instantly, even the golden webs we were standing on. We all fall towards the ground because we even have a chance to counter attack... Not that we had another plan to begin with.

The fall wasn't that big of a deal considering we're all professionally trained ninja. So we land on the ground with ease in front of Borge Tower, turning around instantly to see what the golden power was going to do to her.

Darkness body contorts into a weird hybrid shadow, similar to the form the Overlord had when he was the Golden Master, except with one creepy aspect. It still sorta looked like me.

She was just as big of the Overlord, if not bigger. Her body kept glitching in between forms. One that looks like evil me, black hair and all. But it would switch every once in awhile to be a smoke form.

I have no idea what we're gonna do... and in all honesty, why did we storm into battle with simple pill? Really bad call on our part.

Darkness was like a child on Christmas. She was boasting about her victory... mainly to herself, but Pythor was in total awe of her, giving her constant praises.

While she's completely blissed out on golden power, Sensei Wu gets our attention and leads us over to a near by alleyway.

~

"Well, that was a total failure!" Jay exclaims quietly

"Thank you for stating the obvious, Zaptrap!" Cole says

I lean against the side of the building and take a deep breath.

"She has all the dark power now. She has all the golden power now. How in the world are suppose to stop her? Even with the ninjas combined elemental powers, what is that gonna do?"

I come back to reality to discover Jay and Cole still bickering back and forth, Wu trying to get their attention.

"Students!" He says forcefully, "this is not going to help. We need to get refocused and figure out what to do."

"He's right." Garmadon says, "our first priority now needs to be the people. We have to get them to safety before she can do anymore damage."

"How can we evacuate the city? She encased us inside." Kai says

"Yeah, I know we managed to get in, but that was just 10 of us. How are we supposed to get everyone out without her noticing?" Lloyd asks

"I think we can help with that." A voice says

We all look around for the source of the voice. No one else is around us in the alley, that is not standing directly in it.

A manhole cover underneath us slides open and a snake appears.

"Scales?!" Everyone says

"Yes, yes, you're all shocked to see me, but that will have to wait." His hissing voice informs us.

"You can help us with the citizens?" Zane asks

"Yes, we can lead everyone down below with us. We will keep them safe."

"Why did you come back? I thought you made a vow to never return to the surface?" Kai asks, cocking an eyebrow.