~6~

(Lloyd POV)

My father and I found the Samurai X cave and take one of Nya's vehicles, some stuff to extract the darts with and a few extra weapons. Even if my dad doesn't really use them anymore.

After he became good again, he took a vow to never fight unless under extreme circumstances. He barely even touches weapons anymore. But I gotta say that Lindsey being captured is definitely an extreme circumstance.

We drive as far as we can, until we reach the base of a mountain.

"Hiroshi's Labyrinth is on the other side. We'll have to travel on foot from here."

We leave the vehicle behind and start our journey across. We stop once when my dad explains how we have to reset the balance, having relied to heavily on technology. Which is the reason for the Overlord virus in the first place.

He also explains how my power has to potential to move mountains. Which honestly sounded pretty crazy to me. I didn't fully understand what he meant until I was forced to make it happen while trying to save my dad.

We got most of the way across when Zane's falcon flew down to us.

"Hey, the ninja sent a message."

His eyes turn bright blue and a projector plays a message from the ninja.

Nya's image appears, "Lloyd, we've got some bad news. We had a run in with a mysterious someone who found a new way to power nindroids."

Jay briefly appears, "and he tuned Sensei Wu evil. He had a black beard!" He exclaims

"We have a suspicion that this person may have stolen the hard drive containing the Overlord and has reawakened him." Nya says

Then Kai comes on the projector, "and how that the hard drive has gone missing, we can't reboot the system. Our Techno blades are useless."

"But the stranger left a clue."

The image of a snake scale appears on the screen.

"A white scale. That's right, we think it may be Serpentine. We're heading to New Ninjago City to get to the bottom of this. Keep going with your mission to get the dart. We'll stay in contact if we learn anything new. Over and out."

The image of Nya disappears and the falcon's eyes return to normal.

"Serpentine?!"

"We must continue forward." Dad says, then point down to the base on the other side of the mountain, "there is Hiroshi's Labyrinth. Let's go find that flower."

The falcon flies away, back to the others and we continue down the mountain path into the thick jungle.

~

Inside Hiroshi's Labyrinth, we search for the Body Snatcher.

The jungle is humid and foggy, it was really hard to see out very far in front of you.

The trees were thick, covered in vines and other foliage. I used my sword to cut through everything and make us a path.

"How anyone got through this jungle is beyond me." I say

"Hiroshi's Labyrinth, legend says no one has escaped its deadly maze except for Hiroshi's himself. This is the perfect place to hide until we find the flower."

I groan, "hide. That's all I ever seen to do."

"Your golden power only strengthens her cause. We must not lose sight. We must find the Rafflesia Arnoldii in order to save Lindsey."