~4~

(Lloyd POV)

We get back to my father's monastery and hide the vehicles we took from the city.

"Could Lindsey really have been in the city? I hope so, but I also want it to be her and not Darkness."

The ninja were breaking off branches and and hiding the vehicles in the bushes... except for Cole, who actually uprooted an entire tree to cover his mech with.

"Why didn't you just land your mech by the trees to begin with?" Jay asks

"They weren't close enough together!"

The rest of us laugh as they continue to bicker and we walk inside the monastery.

"Do you really think this is the best option for us to hide right now? What if they know about this place?" Kai asks

"The only robot here is Zane. So we don't have to worry about any cameras or other nindroids picking up our location." I respond as we enter the dining room.

Nya and my parents are sitting at the table, cluttered with scrolls. Nya was in front of a computer, looking up something.

"Welcome back. Where's Wu?" Garmadon asks, looking around the group.

"What happened?" Nya asks

"The Overlord's back and New Ninjago City under his control... or we think. He has Sensei Wu." I explain.

"What do you mean, "you think"?" Dad asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well, there's a chance that the city is actually under the control of Darkness..." Jay says awkwardly

"Lindsey?!" The 3 exclaim

"Not Lindsey!" I retort. Then sigh and control my outbursts, "this isn't her fault."

It became uncomfortably quiet. Until, Zane breaks the silence, "what are you working on?"

"Oh, we actually might have a lead!" Mom says, motioning us to the table, "and if what you're saying is true, that Darkness was really close by, then that will work to our advantage."

She points to a scroll in the center of the table. It's one of the oldest ones I've ever seen, I'm surprised it's still intact.

The writing was in an old language I didn't know and there was a painting of a flower in the center.

It was a reddish orange flower with big petals. The center of the flower had a hole in it.

"You're reading about flowers?" Jay asks, puzzled

"Misako used her connections to the museum to try to find these scrolls to help us defeat Darkness."

I'm sure my dad saw the glare on my face because he quickly adds, "only Darkness."

"But how did you find these? Darkness told us that the First Spinjitzu Master never wrote about her." Kai says

"Which is true. This however is a story of how he was able to use this plant in order to get an upper hand on the Overlord before he split Ninjago."

"How did that work exactly?" Cole questions

"Yeah, what plant is it?"

Misako read the scroll to us, "Rafflesia Arnoldii. This plant grows by attaching itself to the roots of other plants around it and grows poisonous darts with the ability to paralyze. This dart supposedly only has the power to paralyze dark energy sources."

"So the Spinjitzu Master used this poison to paralyze the Overlord during the battle?" Jay asks

"According to the scrolls." Garmadon says, "we have a theory that this dart could do the same on Darkness."