~5~

I've been awake sense I discovered they had my Uncle Wu as their prisoner.

I hated being so close to him and not being able to help stop Darkness from prying into his mind.

I hated it even more when I watched what the Overlord and Darkness did to him afterwards.

She used her concentrated evil to infect him, turning him evil the same way Garmatron did. Then the Overlord, still in Cyrus Borge's body, made these electronic armored pieces for him. He looked like one of their nindroids.

But I hated it worst of all when Darkness sent Pixal and the robot army to go after my brother.

They discovered a monastery, curtesy of Wu's memories, that they may have gone too. Apparently it is my dad's, but I obviously never seen it.

So you can only imagine my happiness upon hearing this message from General Cryptor.

He appears on the screen and alerts Darkness that the ninja were no longer at the monastery.

"What do you mean they're not there?!" Darkness demands

"We've been tricked."

"In other words, you and your nindroids have failed me!" I thought she was about to scream, but instead, groans angrily and says, "her back here now! I have to deal when damage control and you're going to help me."

"Right away, Darkness." He says and signs off.

"They got away!" I laugh in her (my) head.

"Is this entertaining for you, Lindsey?" She asks furiously

"Very much so."

"We'll see just how much you laugh once I've got your brother."

"Can it, ugly!" I snap

"I'm wearing your face, sweetheart."

"Yeah, but on you, it doesn't work."

She grumbles and goes back to ignoring me.

~

Her army returns, she was still furious with them. But simply tells them to patrol the city and make sure the ninja don't sneak past their security forces. She also told Cryptor that he has to personally see to the protection of the power source for the city.

Odd request, but I didn't care all that much.

Kinda a boring night in my opinion. The only thing I truly paid attention too was her looking through some more of Wu's memories, trying to find another place the ninja could be. But nothing was recent.

"You have no idea what you're doing, do you?" I ask, but she ignored me. She doesn't however, shut me out which was surprising, but I wasn't gonna complain.

All the sudden, the alarms start blaring, the red light flashing.

It catches me off guard and I cover my ears.

"Wait, why am I covering my ears? I'm inside my own head!"

But I guess I always do that at loud sounds, kinda a force of habit.

"Overlord, what's going on?"

He appears on the screen, "it appears as though the ninja have entered the city. Cryptor has found them at the power control room."

"Ugh! I told them not to let the ninja anywhere near there. These nindroids are proving to be less and less useful." Darkness says annoyedly