~15~

The ride back to Ninjago was becoming super bumpy and we were losing control of the ship. It was holding up perfectly fine up until now. The closer we were getting to orbit, the more the pressure was becoming too much to handle. We also notice that our spacecraft was becoming hotter and hotter, almost to an unbearable degree. I wonder if it was catching fire the same way the cargo hold did when the nindroids released it from the rocket.

"Hold on, we're almost there!" Cole says

The lights started flickering and I notice the wires connected to Zane were appearing to be going into overdrive.

And I was right.

Zane groans in pain, "my power source has reached critical mass. It appears my unlimited energy is in fact limited."

"Critical mass?" Jay questions, but then gasps and asks frantically, "like it's gonna blow up?!"

"Don't worry about me, I must use my power to hold our vessel together." Zane says and keeps the wires where they're at.

"No way, Zane!" I shriek

"You don't get to sacrifice yourself for us." Kai says

Zane is the most noble out of all of us. He's always ready and willing to put his life on the line to save us, but Kai's right, we're not letting him destroy himself for our sakes.

"He doesn't have to." Lloyd says, "we're entering the atmosphere, we're now gonna have air."

"Does that mean we're gonna a blow up?!" Jay asks wildly

"No listen. With just enough air, we can now support our elemental shields."

"Let's try, guys!" Cole says

Zane unplugs his power source and the whole ship loses power instantly. We feel in start to drop and lose control, the heat becoming even hotter. Lloyd was right, it was a enough air for them to make their shields. My brother pulls me over to him and puts me inside his green orb at the same time our makeshift rocket becomes a full on fireball and blows up.

"That was waaay too close for comfort."

The 5 made their elemental orbs and we reenter Ninjago. I've gotta say that I'm super relieved to be back on earth. Space was a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience and I couldn't be more thrilled that it's over!

"I hate to bring this up now," Cole shouts over to us, "but parachutes would've come in handy."

He's right. At the speed we're falling, it'll be pretty hard for them to just stop mid-drop.

But Kai points down below us, bringing something to our attention, "friends and family make a good substitute."

Beneath us are Nya, Garmadon, Wu. Along with Pixal who's voice comes through the intercom, "coordinating catch. Be on the lookout. Kai, go for 52 degrees north, 12 east."

I'm terrible with directions so that made no sense to me, but Kai seemed to understand because he directs his shield away from us and towards his upcoming fire jet.

Zane's her came up next, he went to is without any directions at all. Probably sensed it in all honesty. Then Pixal directs Jay to his car and Cole to is mech. Once all of them are in their vehicles, Lloyd dismisses his energy shield and creates his motorcycle to catch the 2 of us.

"Welcome home, Ninja." Wu says happily

We have to get to the city as fast as we can. We need to stop Darkness before she absorbs the Overlord... so I know what we have to do, I just don't know how we're going to do it. I have no idea how I can absorb her again... or if I even want to. It's not like it worked out so well the first time.