☾ | hinata shoyo

MARRIAGE !

"i'm not short!" hinata whined, making y/n sigh for the hundredth time

"i'm not short!" hinata whined, making y/n sigh for the hundredth time. it has only been fifteen minutes but the amount of times he's heard tsukishima and hinata tease each other has been too much.

"kei that's enough, you too, shoyo." y/n finally spoke up, "no more insulting my boyfriend, because i'm your brother i like pride myself in never punching you but if i hear you call hinata short one more time that will change."

hinata stuck his tongue out at tsukishima, making y/n tighten his arms around the ginger in his lap, leaning over his shoulder so he can make eye contact with him, "no more calling my brother names either, shoyo."

tsukishima returned the childish gesture hinata had done to him, yamaguchi snickering next to the tall blond, he was glad y/n hadn't scolded him for teasing hinata too.

"hey tsukishima," tanaka's voice already held a teasing tone and y/n was going to stop him but: "you know if hinata and y/n were to get married hinata would be your brother in law."

y/n and hinata flushed, then getting married? they didn't have to think about that! they were still young! who knows if they'd even last long enough, hinata was focused on making a career out out volleyball and y/n with music.

even if they were to stay a couple when they leave highschool who was to say they'd have any time for each other?

y/n forced himself to stop thinking about it, but the idea of possibly getting married was extremely heartwarming. it wasn't like y/n didn't think about that once or twice during their relationship but he always ended up hitting himself in the end for thinking about it at such a young age.

that would only make things more complicated.

"ew, don't say that." tsukishima grimaced, giving the couple a once over. "they aren't going to get married."

hinata slumped, breaking y/n out of his trance, "what's wrong, sho?" he asked softly, noticing the sadness swirl in his eyes.

"do you want to get married?"

"wha—no!" y/n exclaimed, deepening hinata's frown. "ah–i didn't mean it like that, just–just we're too young to think about marriage already!"

"isn't it good to think ahead?" hinata asked with wide eyes, thinking he'd said something wrong already to possibly make y/n break up with him. "don't you want to?"

it was very obvious hinata already planned out a future between the two, but why? he shouldn't be focusing so much on him, he should be focusing on volleyball and school, so why would he ask such silly questions?

"enough marriage talk, hinata, how about you go practice some spikes?" sugawara intervened after noticing the thoughtful look on y/n's face. was he already considering their possible marriage or was he thinking of ways to break up with hinata?

hinata slid off y/n's lap excitedly, bouncing over to demand kageyama to set for him.

"tanaka, look what you did. you broke him!" sugawara scolded the second year, pointing at y/n who was spaced out.

"it was a harmless joke!"

sugawara sighed and looked to tsukishima, "can you do something? i don't think all this is good for him to be thinking about."

tsukishima rolled his eyes before walking up to his brother, slapping the back of his head, "idiot, stop it."

the gym went dead silent at the loud smack, y/n slowly lifting his head back up to meet his brothers eyes. hinata was the only person who could call y/n idiot and get away with it, everyone was else was immediately put into headlocks and had to beg for forgiveness.

"t-tsukishima!"

it was obvious they were worried for their precious blocker, but y/n wouldn't hit his own brother...right?

and right they were, "hinata wants to get married?" y/n mumbled out, silently rubbing the back of his head. although, his question only earned him a flick on the forehead this time.

"am i good enough? i'm not ready!"

another flick.

"but maybe–"

another flick.

"i got it!" y/n announced, jumping from his seat. he tugged on the ring wrapped around his pointer finger and held it out towards hinata, "okay! we'll get married!"

hinata let out a bunch of gibberish once y/n got down on one knee in front of him. tsukishima was about to kick his brother for being an idiot but he was stopped by daichi.

"i-i-i didn't mean now!" hinata finally let out, covering his eyes, "i'm too young! my mom wouldn't approve!"

"huh?" y/n asked, slowing standing up from the ground, "then why did you say—"

"b-because i want to....but not now. later, much later...."

"you still see us together in the future?" y/n asked curiously, a little happy.

hinata nodded, "well yeah....don't you?"

"y-yeah, maybe."

"okay cool."

"yeah. cool."

y/n awkwardly slipped his ring back on his finger and let out a cough, his face heating up drastically.

"please tell me i didn't just witness a proposal." the coach called out, having stood in the doorway to witness y/n get down on one knee.

"it was tanaka's fault."

"hey!"

NOTE .

i'm in love with hinata.