☾ | tobio kageyama

if you couldn't tell, im a simp for kageyama
PLATONICALLY, OF COURSE !

"how long are the two of you going to keep this up?" sugawara sighed out, setting the volleyball to asahi as he looked at kageyama

everyone on the team knew kageyama and kiyoko's younger brother liked each other, and it was infuriating to watch them dance around each other so nonchalantly.

at first shimizu laughed at her brothers inability to set his pride aside and admit his feelings to kageyama, but now she was getting a little tired watching this.

with an encouraging smile, shimizu pulled up her brother from the chair he was sitting on and pushing him towards the other first years. "go on."

y/n struggled to run away since shimizu continued pushing him until he was a foot away, it was too late to turn back now.

y/n gave one look to his sister—who was now surrounded by hopeful third and second years watching the scene—and shoved his hands in his pockets. y/n coughed to get the attention of the other first years, sparing a quick glance at tobio then towards the gym doors.

"kageyama, i just so happen to have an extra movie ticket. it'd be a waste of money if i didn't find someone to accompany me. would you like to watch [action movie name] with me?"

when kageyama didn't answer he spoke up again, "platonically of course...unless you'd like otherwise?" he urged kageyama to tell him he wanted it to be a date. there was no way y/n was going to say it first.

but: "p-platonically is fine, is there any other way?"

y/n pursed his lips, having a mental battle with himself, half of his brain was saying to just say it's a date, but the other half is telling him to agree and move on. "nope, i'll see you then."

tsukishima, yachi, hinata and yamaguchi deadpanned at the duo, while the second and third years shoulders slumped in disappointment. "kiyoko—"

"i'm already buying tickets to [romance movie], don't worry." she said, pulling out her phone, "but we'll need someone to use the [action movie] tic—"

tanaka and nishinoya shared a look of excitement, "we will!"

kiyoko nodded once, "now we wait."

y/n stared at the tickets in hand with flushed cheeks, he didn't want to see some crap romance movie—especially not with kageyama! well...maybe a little...but it's still embarrassing! he said they were going to watch [action movie] but now they're going to watch [romance movie], how was he going to tell kageyama.

he hesitantly looked at kageyama, who was already looking at him, both males immediately looked away when they met eyes. "kageyama..."

"yes?" he asked hopefully, locking eyes with y/n.

y/n held up the movie tickets in his hand, "i-i think i accidentally ordered the wrong tickets..i swear i had 2 tickets to [action movie] so i don't know how these got here."

kageyama nodded in understanding, "t-that's fine. we should still see it, you spent money on them...r-right?"

"right. just because it's a romance movie it doesn't m-mean anything."

the two nodded at each other awkwardly before entering the movie theater, y/n had bought them snacks while kageyama bought them drinks.

they were halfway through the movie when the two main characters had kissed, both first years looked away from the screen and to each other—y/n immediately turning in the other direction with pink dusting his cheeks.

why is this so weird, i want to leave.

y/n felt like he could finally breath again when the movie ended, "that movie was stupid, not only did she fall in love at first sight, she always fell in love with the biggest dick in the entire school." he grumbled as they threw away their trash and walked out of the theater hand in hand—wait, hand in hand?!

y/n looked down at their hands, then to a blushing kageyama, who initiated this?!

was is him? could it have been kageyama? who was it?!

let go hand! let go!

y/n didn't let let go, and neither did kageyama. "this is bro hand holding, don't get me confused." y/n said with a huff after deciding he couldn't let go.

"i...it doesn't have to be that way...it could just be regular hand holding." kageyama mumbled, looking everywhere but y/n(luckily since y/n was now blushing).

"do you want it to be regular hand holding?"

"...yes."

y/n nodded, "okay....h-how would you—um, what would you say if i were to ask you on a non-platonic outing."

i can't bring myself to say the word date...

"i'd say yes..."

y/n nodded to himself, "g-good to know."

the continued down the sidewalk hand in hand, unaware of the third years hiding behind newspapers in ridiculous outfits, "they grow up so fast." sugawara said as he wiped a fake tear.

NOTE .

i was rewatching love is war and decided to write this right after :P