Piper looked thoroughly unimpressed. "He's in my psychology class if you must know."

Leo smirked, "And I bet he knows a lot about the human mind. Particularly the chemicals that activate-"

"That's it!" Piper slammed her hands down on the table as the two boys snickered. She ignored the annoyed looks she was receiving from other students and pointed a finger at Adam. "Pack up your stuff. You're coming."

"Me?" Adam gestured at himself in despair. "What did I do?"

"You've got bags the size of Jupiter under your eyes and have been staring at the same page for forty-five minutes. You need a break."

"I can't. I've got work in an hour."

"One drink." Piper said. "You haven't eaten all day and I'm not about to get a call saying you've fainted at work. Pack it up, Grey. I'm already late to meet the guys."

Adam sighed, knowing he didn't have a choice in the matter. He began packing his books into his backpack and stood, looking down at Leo. "You coming too?"

Leo waved him off. "You guys go ahead. I've got two more worksheets to finish."

Piper kissed Leo on the cheek and Adam squeezed his shoulder once before the pair left the library. When they were gone, Leo stood from the table and made his way to the shelves at the back of the large room.

He picked out his selected book and carried it over to the checkout desk. There was a line as it was one o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon but the wait wasn't long.

A brown-haired boy with large round glasses was working behind the desk. He was chatting animatedly to a student as he scanned their book. Even from the back Leo could see the sun in his glowing smile.

When he reached the front he placed the book down on the counter. The boy in front of him smiled and picked up the book. "The Body in the Libary, huh? Good choice, though a little on the nose don't you think?"

Leo was taken aback. "You read Agatha Christie?"

The boy grinned at him. Two small dimples appeared beside his mouth. Leo didn't know what to do with that.

"I'm a librarian," the brunette laughed. "I spent most of my time sitting behind a quiet desk. Not that that's all I do, of course! I'm pretty fun! I'm really just working here to pay tuition while I make my way through uni and then I'll graduate and get a job at some kickass firm and life will be epic!"

"Epic?" Leo questioned.

The boy nodded. "Epic. I have dreams, man."

It clicked then for Leo. "Haven't I seen you somewhere? Did we have a class together?"

The boy nodded again. It was all caramel curls and green eyes and Leo thought maybe he forgot how to talk. "Meisler's class? First year? I know it was a big class but I remember faces pretty well. You always sat at the front on the left. I know because I always sat at the back and I had a pretty good view of the room."

"That's...observant." Leo said. "Are you a bioengineering major too?"

"Nah man, sociology major. I'm all about finding out what makes a person tick, you know?" His green eyes twinkled behind black-rimmed glasses.

Leo did not blush. He gestured at the book on the counter. "I'll return that tomorrow."

"No rush, man. You have two weeks." The boy handed the book over, never losing that smile. "You're Leo, right?"

Leo was surprised but nodded. "Yes, and you're..."

"Ethan." He shook Leo's hand.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Like I said, it was a big class and I have a memory for faces. Especially cute ones." He winked at Leo, who absolutely did not get flustered. And if he did, it wasn't because Ethan called him cute. Or because Ethan was possibly the most gorgeous boy  Leo had ever seen with those forest green eyes and perfect dimples. No, definitely not.

Ethan handed Leo his book. "It's a good book. I think you'll like it."

Leo took the book, though his eyes weren't on it. "Thanks, I think so too."

"If I may," Ethan scribbled something out on a piece of paper before handing it to Leo. "I've got tonnes of recommendations. Feel free to text me if you want more."

Leo looked down at the paper. He clutched it tightly in his hand.

 He clutched it tightly in his hand

Ethan grinned at him. "Maybe I'll see you around."

Leo looked back at him, a small smile playing on his lips. "Maybe you will."

***
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE
What did you guys think?