Chapter 12

It was a week before Halloween and Amelia and Katie spent most of their days in the library studying for their upcoming exams. It was only Monday afternoon and Katie were already raging on about Sirius Black during lunch in the Great Hall. The Daily Prophet that Katie had subscribed to keep up with this whole debacle was now being shoved into Amelia's face.

"Katie, I don't care. If this is another one of those articles written by that stupid Rita Skeeter, it's most likely a lie." Amelia had the worst of Katie's constant blabbering being her roommate and all.

"Alright fine, but don't come running to me when you're scared that Black is going to come and get you," she huffed rolling her eyes.

The twins and Lee were discussing different kinds of love potions which would hopefully launch in February for Valentine's day.

"We should start brewing up the love potions and making the chocolate cauldrons during mid-January," George said wanting to have everything planned before Valentine's day because of the insane number of orders the twins were getting.

"I could help," Amelia piped in knowing how dangerous it would be to work with love potions.

"Really Amelia, cause we'll take all the help we can get right, Georgie?" Fred's eyes lit up at the thought of Amelia helping them pursue their dream of having a joke shop.

The group further talked about setting up things for their new launch of Valentine products before lunch was over and the third class of the day had begun. Walking to potions with Fred, Amelia mentally prepared herself was class as this was the day when they were to be tested on their potion skills. The class had already completed the written exam and now they were tested on how well they made their Draught of Peace potion. Amelia and Fred were a pair where Amelia had taken control as she was in no mood to screw things up.

"Fred, you get the tools and I'll get the ingredients," she instructed.

After full concentration they had finally finished and called Professor Snape to mark them on their potion hoping he was satisfied.

Out of curiosity, Amelia asked, "Professor Snape what did you smell in the Amorentia?"

He looked up at her giving her a small smile and replied with "Lilly" and moved on to the next pair. Snape smiling she thought to herself and chuckled.

"I really thought he was going to scream at you," Fred said shocked Snape hadn't lectured her.

"I wonder why only smell lilies," Amelia shrugged equally as confused as Fred began to pack up.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. Let me know if I need to fix anything and don't forget to vote.