Chapter 36

Amelia woke the next morning planning to go see Hagrid. Yesterday was the last day of exams including  Buckbeaks execution. Buckbeak and Amelia had good times together. She remembered the first time Buckbeak took of flying. The wind was in her hair and the magnificent bird was soaring through the air. The feeling that came with the experience was freeing and Amelia would miss the bird. 

Amelia skipped breakfast deciding to eat it at Hagrids. Hopefully, he was doing fine. She made her way to his hut, her knuckles hitting the hardwood. Hagrid stood in the doorway with a huge grin on his face. Amelia expected him to be crying, maybe Hagrid was just really good at hiding his feelings. "Hagrid why are you smiling?" Her eyebrows furrowed her nose scrunched. 

"Amelia erm please come in. I have some great news." She walked into his hut the teapot whistling. "Yesterday during Buckbeaks execution the minister was there along with Dumbledore, we were all having tea before they were going too well you know. I'm guessing Harry, Ron and Hermione saved him. Because those three crazy kids came earlier to my hut, and when they left Buckbeak was gone. He's safe of course. But those kids saved Buckbeak." Amelia was in complete shock. Her arms wrapped around Hagrid, startling him. "So he's safe." Hagrid nodded in response. 

"I have to go see them." Amelia ran out the door Hagrid laughing as he watched the young girl run towards the great hall. They saved Buckbeak I don't know how I don't care how but I love those three idiots.' She made her way into the great hall seeing the trio sitting with the twins, Lee and Katie. 

"You saved him. You did it!" She wrapped her arms around Harry before kissing him on the forehead doing the same to Ron and Hermione. Amelia was over the moon. "Thank you so much." Amelia sat down jumping up and down in glee. 

The group including Hermione Ron and Harry made their way to the common room where they told the story of how Hermione used her time turner to save Buckbeak. Along with the fact, Peter Pettigrew had been disguised as Ron's rat scabbers, and Sirius Black was innocent as well as Harry's God-father. Lupin was also friends with Black and was a werewolf. The story sounded absolutely insane. Amelia was in complete shock. 

"Guys I need to tell you something. When I received the letter about my grandmother dying, it wasn't about her. I lied. My dad had told me Sirius Black had killed my Uncle. But now I know he didn't die because of Sirius." Amelia said a tear rolling down her cheek. 

"Do you think Peter killed him?" Asked Harry. 

"I don't know, but someone did. Someone killed my Uncle, and I need to know who it is."She looked beside her to see Fred's jaw was practically on the floor. He was trying to let the information sink in. Fred pulled her into a side hug and whispered into her ear. "I'm so sorry." his hot breath made the hair on her neck stand. They spent the rest day doing a bit of homework here and there. The group had been trying to cheer up Amelia. They did put her in a better mood but her Uncle's death was a mystery to her. 

The weekend soon came to an end and classes began. Amelia made her way to defence against the dark arts. She took a seat beside Katie Fred and Lee behind them along with George and Susan in front of them. The class were expecting Professor Lupin but instead, Professor Snape entered the class. He waved his wand in the air allowing all the windows to shut, the room was dark with small amounts of light coming in. "Turn to page 394." Snape's voice in a complete monotone. 

Harry did say Professor Lupin was a werewolf and he turned yesterday, maybe that's why Professor Snape took his class. This had been the worst defence against the dark art's class, Professor Lupin always made the classes interesting and fun, but Snape was practically putting the class to sleep. 

"That was the worst class ever," Fred said as the group made their way out the classroom. The day was going slow, Amelia's back hurt from carrying her bag all around the place, filled with different kinds of books. Even Hagrid's class had become boring except when Malfoy was whining about how Buckbeak should have been executed and was making fun of Hagrid, Hermione slapped him right across the face. Amelia giggled under her breath but a part of her felt sorry for the boy. 

"It has been the longest day ever," Amelia said falling down into the armchair. Professor Snape had set them way too much homework along with an assignment. Amelia had to catch up on the extra work set by Professor Sprout as she knew Amelia struggled with it. 

"I know and I'm going to kill Snape, why is he giving us an assignment school is about to end." Katie huffed. Snape had been extra moody, Amelia was guessing because of what happened the night before with Sirius Lupin and Peter. 

"Well, ladies how about we get back at Snape," George spoke making his way from the staircase followed by Fred and Lee. 

"What do you have in mind," Amelia asked smirking at the different ways they could ruin, Snape's day. 

"How about we sneak some laughing potion into his pumpkin juice. Dinner is about to be served in 15 minutes lets go now." Spoke Fred giggling. It had been a while since they pulled a prank on Snape. 

The five made their way to the great hall, there were barely any people there. A few first years along with a couple of fifth years. Nobody was sitting at the teacher's table except for Professor Flitwick and Hagrid. The two looked like they were in a heated conversation. Fred unscrewed the top of the vile, he made his way towards Professor's Snape chair which was right beside Dumbeldore. He slowly placed the potion into the empty chalice, sneaking his way back to the group. 

The five were giggling trying to hold in their laughter. "He won't be laughing the whole time only for a couple of minutes," Lee spoke in between laughter. They watched as the teachers sat down including Snape. Students filled the great hall and soon dinner was served. 

The group watched intently as Snape poured pumpkin juice into his cup bringing it to his lips, before gulping down the juice. They waited to hear the laughter from Snape but nothing happened. "Fred did you put it in the wrong-" Amelia was cut off by a burst of high pitched laughter. Everyone looked shocked, Colin Crevy a second-year brought out his camera and took a picture of Dumbledore. 

The entire hall fell silent their heads snapped towards the teacher's table to see a laughing Dumbledore. Soon all the students were laughing with him, some teachers were as well but Snape and McGonagall looked very angry. Once the potion wore off, Dumbledore was still smiling giggling even. "Albus we will find out who did this at once," McGonagall spoke allowing, the students to stay silent. "Who did this," Snape yelled. 

Amelia was looking down to nervous to say anything. "Now now Severus, Minvera It's all right. Mr Crevy you be sure to send me a picture I would love to make more copies." Collin instantly went red nodding like crazy. "As for who did this I would say own up before Snape or Minvera have your heads." He smiled winking at the group, making Amelia smile. 

The hall soon fell into chatter, and Amelia decided to make her way back to the common room. Amelia started to work on her assignment thinking of how they pulled one of their best pranks and somehow got away with it. Fred soon joined her and the two discussed how great their prank was. He would occasionally place his hand on her thigh making goosebumps appear on her skin. When he was really close to Amelia his fingers would wrap around a strand of her curly hair, gently playing with it. "I cannot believe we got away with that. And did you see when he winked at us?" Fred and Amelia were soon joined by Katie George and Lee. The five of them laughing at their mischievous plan.

"Weasley's Whisp Jordan and Bell, Dumbledore has asked to see you. And I'm not sure what it's about so don't bother asking." Professor McGonagall said, how did Dumbledore know Amelia thought to herself.

Does anyone else think Dumbledore sold weed as a teen?