tsukishima; haikyuu!!

ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

"Come over here, look! The little fishies on this bracelet are so cute! Don't you think, Tsukki?"

"I know, huh! Do you want one?"

"Yes, please!"

Tsukki went up to the clerk lady that was standing near the cash register. He tugged on her employee vest and she looked down. He held up two bracelets in one hand and some cash in the other. The lady smiled at him and rang him up. Tsukki turned around and saw you standing there with an excited look on your face. He reached out and took your hand, putting the bracelet around your wrist. He put the other one on his wrist and you both smiled brightly.

The entire day, you two played together on the beach. Your parents took you on this play date because they really wanted you to be friends. It was an automatic connection between the two of you, and now you were inseparable. Tsukki always had a smile on his face and could make you laugh with the simplest gestures. You two loved being together and never wanted this feeling to go away.

"Tsukki, do you think we can be together forever?"

"I swear to you that we'll be together forever, y/n!"

MIDDLE SCHOOL

You were walking down the hall, Tsukki by your side. Ever since seeing his brother at that game, he's become so quiet. He's rude to everyone except you and Yamaguchi, even though you tell him to loosen up.

Every person you two passed by would give you odd looks because it was like rain and sunshine. Tsukki never liked to be seen being friendly with you or Yamaguchi, but when you guys are alone, he's the happiest person on the entire planet.

"Tsukki, do you remember when we said we'd be together forever?"

"Sure, I guess."

"You guess? What's that supposed to mean?"

Instead of responding, he shrugged his shoulders and kept walking down the hall. The entire day, you two didn't really talk because what he said really got to you. Yamaguchi tried to get you guys to talk, but Tsukki would either walk away or say something that he knew would get under your skin.

When the day ended, you and Tsukki had to walk home together because you guys were next door neighbors. During the walk, neither of you said anything because you both were angry with each other. Tsukki, honestly, felt horrible for what he said, but he didn't want to seem too obsessed over the question and have people get the wrong idea.

You didn't say anything to him when you got home. He turned to you to try and clear up what happened earlier, but you shut the door in his face. Tsukki tried to not let it get to him, but his eyes started to water and his heart started to ache. He quickly got inside and made his way to his room before anyone saw him.

He locked the door and let all his emotions out. As much as he loved being with you, hearing your voice, and see you smile, he resented his brother for what he did and couldn't get past that. That event took a toll on his life and now it's starting to take a toll on his relationship with you.

-

It's now summer, and you and Tsukki's relationship has been slowly deteriorating by the day. Every time you would say something to him, he'd either brush off what you said or completely ignore you. Even though you two wanted to be together, Tsukki made it harder each day to even be in the same room together. Over the course of summer, you stopped talking to him, stopped walking to school with him, and stopped talking to Yamaguchi.