tanaka; haikyuu!!

A/N: Y'all boutta be mad asf

Fluff/Angst

You sat on the roof of Karasuno's main building with your head lowered and your knees tucked into your chest. Your eyes were red and puffy, cheeks stained with dried, salty tears. You thought you had cried so much that you couldn't cry anymore. You inhaled the fresh air, trying to calm yourself but you only felt your chest grow heavier and heavier as the pain continued to surge through you.

The sun was setting, making the sky look a beautiful orange with scattered clouds that moved slowly above you. You gripped your sleeves and hugged your body tightly as you felt tears start to resurface. You sighed shakily, not wanting to feel the pain anymore as you continued to sob again.

Earlier that day, you woke up feeling great. You got up early so that you could shower and pick up some breakfast for you and your boyfriend, Tanaka. Tanaka was the sweetest and most loving person you've ever met. Even though he could be super weird and embarrassing in public, you wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

You walked over to Ukai's shop before school started and bought some pork buns and onigiri.

"Thanks, Coach!" You yelled before leaving the shop.

He smiled and looked back down at his magazine.

You walked to school with a smile on your face which grew even bigger when you saw your boyfriend smiling at you widely and waving his hand at you. You walked up to him and he immediately picked you up into a bear hug, squeezing the air out of you.

"Good morning, beautiful!" He yelled before putting you down.

You smiled at him nervously as you tried to catch your breath.

"Good... morning... Tanaka." You managed to breathe out.

"Hehe, sorry." He apologized as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Whatcha got there, y/n?" Tanaka asked as he pointed at the plastic bag in your hands.

"Oh!" You said, standing up straight and giving him the bag. "I got you breakfast! Or if you wanna save it for lunch, that's cool too. It's for you though!" You said with a grin.

Tanaka looked at you as you smiled at him, making his heart melt. He immediately pulled you into another hug and swung you around.

"Thank you! You're the best!" He yelled.

You spent the whole day with Tanaka since you had all of your classes with him. You guys joked and laughed during class, occasionally getting yelled at by the teacher which made you guys laugh even more. 

When you two were together, you were like children who didn't have their parents watching them at the park. You loved that about him; You were able to be yourself and be happy when you were around him without him judging you or anything like that. He always made you feel loved and safe even when you would try and push him away. He loved you and you loved him. That was what you thought until later that day.

You usually went to Tanaka's practices, except when you had to stay during class to make up tests. Today, you were completely free, so you went to see Tanaka at practice.