aomine; kuroko no basket

Fluff

"Shut up!" You yelled through the phone.

Aomine laughed at your angered reaction after teasing you about not being able to answer one of your homework questions.

"At least I do my homework!" You yelled at him, trying to make him feel bad.

Aomine only laughed more, making you give up and lay down on your bed in defeat. You smiled to yourself as you heard his laugh through the phone.

You and Aomine were pretty close friends. He was the one you would always go to whether you felt sad, happy, angry or anything at all. He was always there for you to make you smile by teasing you or doing things to get your mind off of the stress you felt. He cared about you in his own way, despite him acting like a total jerk most of the time.

Although you loved being friends with Aomine, that same thing you loved got in the way of you confessing your feelings for him. It's not like you wanted to fall in love with the guy. In fact, you tried not to catch feelings for him. There was just something about Aomine that always brought you back. You hated the fact that you loved him. The fact that you weren't able to express your feelings to him, hurt you even more. You were too scared that if you had told him your feelings, he wouldn't feel the same way or he would completely cut you off and you wouldn't be able to be around or talk to him at all.

You sighed out loud as all of these thoughts roamed around your mind. As you continued to lie down, you realized how quiet it had gotten. You sat back up and looked at your phone to see of Aomine hung up on you. His name was still on your phone, indicating he was still in the call.

"Aomine?" You called out to him.

There was no answer.

"Aomine, are you awake?"

"..."

"Are you faking being asleep, idiot?"

"..."

"Aaaahhhhoooooommmmiiiinnnnneeee."

"..."

You sighed loudly and fell back down on your bed.

"Well, if you're really asleep then I can tell you this." You talked casually.

You waited for a couple of seconds to see if he would respond. You pondered your thoughts and sighed in frustration.

"You know how much it hurts to love you, idiot? You're so dense and stupid," You started. "But, I love you. I can't tell you this when you're awake because you'll probably just call me stupid and blow me off."

You paused for a second and brought a hand up to your face

"I'm grateful for you. I guess I should tell you more when you're not asleep but I'm gonna tell you now because you'll just laugh at me and tell me to shut up." You continued.

It was silent for a few seconds before you clicked your tongue.

"Man, if I weren't such an idiot." You chuckled as you dragged your hand over your face.

You sat up and grabbed your phone.

"Good night. I love you." You said before hanging up the phone.

You woke up to the sound of your annoying alarm. Rolling over to your side, you slammed your hand over your clock and dismissed the alarm. You lied there for a while as you tried to collect your thoughts. Your face turned red as you remember the things you said last night to Aomine when he was asleep on the phone.

"Well," You sighed as you got up and walked over to the bathroom. "At least I kind of told him."

You walked to school lazily, desperately wanting to go back to the comfort of your own bed. Bringing up a hand, you yawned, squeezing your eyes shut. Suddenly, you bumped into something, stumbling backward. You look up to see Aomine smiling widely at you.

"Morning, sleepyhead." He said as he ruffled your hair. "Have trouble sleeping?" His smile turning into a smirk.

"Tch, maybe. You obviously didn't have any trouble sleeping since you fell asleep on the phone with me!" You yelled as you pouted childishly, pretending to be mad.

"How could I sleep with all the talking you were doing?" He said his smirk widening.

You froze in your place after hearing what he just said. He was awake the whole time and you didn't know. You talked all about how much you loved him and he heard it. He heard every word.

"Wh- I- Uh-" You stuttered out.

Saying you felt embarrassed would be an understatement. You were scared. Petrified. You didn't know what to do. Your face turned completely red as you covered it with your hands.

"I-I'm s-sorry." You said through your hands.

You wanted to run away but your body wouldn't move. Suddenly, you felt hands wrap around your wrists and pull them away from your face gently. Aomine's face was right in front of yours, looking at your face with a soft gaze. He leaned closer and hovered his lips over yours.

"I love you too, y/n." He breathed onto your lips before connecting them in a loving kiss.

His soft lips perfectly caressed yours as he pressed them together. His big hands were still gently wrapped around your wrists as you melted into his touch. Aomine pulled back and looked into your beautiful (e/c) eyes, filled with love and adoration.

"You really are an idiot." He said as he slid his hands from your wrists to your hands

"Shut up." You said as you started to walk ahead of him while intertwining your fingers with his.

"I mean, you're the one who said it." He continued to tease you.

"I said shut up!"

He chuckled at you, only making you smile.

"I mean it, you know." He said in an unusually soft voice.

"Mean what?" You smirked.

"That I love you." He said firmly.

"Tch. How could you not?"

"Oi! I'm trying to be serious!" He yelled at you, making you laugh.

"I love you too, Ahomine."

--

- waveybdj

Requests open