"I can do that!" I tell her.

"Clarissa come here. No don't try and walk out the door, come here."

My mother says in a too tight voice.

"Yes?" she glares at me.

"You don't talk to Avox's unless giving an order."

I leave the kitchen, and go see what my brother is watching.

"She's a person too you know, geez." I mutter.

I hear the sound of the yelling of Career's voices and another tribute scream. I sit down next to him.

"Don't go away, we'll be right back with the 10th Hunger Games in a minuet."

The announcer Claudius Templesmith says.

"Awww!"

"What's going on?"

"It's a Hunger Games marathon! You already missed the first 9! wanna watch?!"

For being a 9 year old, I doubt anyone else in the Capitol is as excited about Hunger Games as he is. Heck, I wonder sometimes if he even really understands what they are.

"You know all those other boy's and girl's are dead right?"

He turns to look at me.

"Ya I know! I'v seen this one before, guess which district wins?!"

"ummmmmmm, four?"

"Wrong! It's eleven!"

"Cool, I got to go."

"Don't you want to watch?! Clarissa!!"

I left the room. I went down the hall to the Real-Life Generator. I turned it on.

"Run program, Clarissa Games."

I was soon standing in the Training Center surrounded by 23 other tributes, listening to Atlas the training Instructor.

"Remember, no hand to hand contact or fighting another tribute. If you want to practise you can ask one of the other instructors."   

I went over to the Obstacle Course.

"Just wait for another tribute."

The instructor said. I saw a tall muscular boy come towards the course.  

"Alright Tributes, get ready, get set...go!"

I took off running, and i was actually a fair distance ahead of the other boy. I made it to the first obstacle; The Spear Throw. Spears are thrown at you by a machine, like if a tribute was throwing it at you, and if you didn't roll or jump you'd be hit. I rolled under the first 3 then jumped over the next 2. I looked behind me and saw the boy stuck at the beginning of the obstacle. He saw what I was doing and quickly caught up.

"Give up already!" He yelled.

"Never! Your too easy!"

"We'll see about that!"

I ran harder and faster and practically flew across the give-away floor, I saw the boy couldn't move fast enough and he fell below the floor landing on foam. I reached the end just as he was pulling himself up with a rope.

"Great run, your time was under 7 minuets." the instructor said.

The boy glared at me and i smiled. This program I created was to let me participate in the Hunger Games. I'm not sure why, but i always feel the need to prepare myself for something like this. Even though it's highly impossible. I turned the program into a sort of workout for myself. I walked over to the knife throwing station. Another pair of tributes was there, listening to the instructor demonstrate on how to hold the knife. I picked up three, and walked over to an open target. I took a firm grip on the handle and threw the knife. It spiraled towards the target, hitting it just a little bit away from the middle. The tributes and instructor turned to watch me. I threw the remaining two knives, one in each hand, and they hit the center.

"Exactly like that!" the instructor continued. I was just about to throw when-

"Clarissa!! Where are you!?"

I jumped and the knife spiraled towards the girl listening to the instructor.

"Look out!!"

I ran and knocked her out of the way, and the knife sailed past my head.

"Are you alright?!" the instructor asked.

"Fine." I said standing up, feeling silly when I realized I had just saved a hologram.

"Clarissa!!" My mom called impatiently.

"End program."  

The generator stopped and i was standing in the grey room. My mom burst through the door.

"Oh, there you are. Your meal is ready."

"Okay."

I went and sat at the table  in the living room.

"Why are you all sweaty?" Mom asked.

"I was using the Real-Life Generator."

"Oh. what were you doing?"

"I was um...i was going for a jog."

"Oh."

I finished eating.

"Thank you."

I said to the Avox. she smiled. I walked back to the Generator. I did one more station and then it was time to watch the Quarter Quell announcement. My family was already sitting on the sofa. Newly elected President Snow stepped onto the stage. He isn't that old and appeared to be twenty, or not much older than that. A lot of the other older girls at my school like him.  

"As you know, every 25 years a Quarter Quell is announced. This year is the very first!!"

He opened a small wooden box and pulled out an envelope. He began to read.

"To keep peace between the Districts, this year 2 children from the Capitol will be included in the Games!"

There was some cheering of the crowd and it was over.

"Two Capitol..........children?" My father said. All I could think in my head was,

"It might be me."