Chapter 1

Hey, so I'm new to Wattpad, and I decided to share a fan fiction I wrote about the Hunger Games :) I love that series!! :D so...here's my story, i hope you like it :)  I do not own any of these characters! All COPYRIGHTS ALL BELONG TO SUZANNE COLLINS! I am just writing a fan fiction!! okay, here's the story :)

Prolouge: It's been 25 years since the Dark Days, and the invention of the Hunger Games. Now it is approaching the very first Quarter Quell..........

       The sun shone brightly through my stained glass window, making my room light up purple. I opened my eyes, and looked at my clock. Twelve! I really over slept! I looked out my window over looking the rest of the Capitol.

"Good Morning Panem!!"

I heard the voice of the cheery news reporter, coming from down the hall in the living room.

"It's going to be another wonderful day!! Don't forget to tune in this afternoon for a special broadcast!"

I walked down the hall and saw my little brother Jerret, watching TV.

"Morning." i say.

"Morning Clarissa." he says.

"Good morning my darlings!!"

My mother cheerfully calls from the kitchen. I walked in and found her making a latte at the coffee machine.

"Mom, what's the special announcement?"

"Oh! that! Well you see when the Games were created they decide every 25 years would be called a Quarter Quell, and an extra special twist would be added!"

"Oh. like twice as many tributes or something?"

"Exactly! Maybe they'll do that this year!"

My mother is the District escort for the Hunger Games. She's District One's escort. Our country Panem was built over the nation once known as North America. It was separated into 13 districts, they all contribute to our country's economy. Then 13 rebelled and we had to get rid of it. It was blown up and as a reminder to the other districts of their failure, every year now, one boy and girl from each district must train to survive and fight to the death in the Hunger Games. We don't send our children though, just the districts. My mother says it's because it's their punishment and we never did anything wrong. But I know there's more to it than that.  

I am Clarissa Storm.  An eighteen year old (soon to be 19) Capitol citizen. My father is a game maker for the games, and my mother is a district escort. I don't particularly enjoy the games like everyone else. I don't like blood, death, or violence. I can't stand suffering either. I live in a regular Capitol home in the better part of the Capitol. We have many electronic devices and one i love to use is our Real-Life Generator. It's a machine that cam recreate any place or environment and turn it 3D. I use it to create a wooded area where i climb trees or a river to swim in. But the program I am most proud of is my "Hunger Games" program. I was able to reconstruct the Training Area the tributes use. It's where I spend most of my time.  

"I'm sooo excited for the Quarter Quell! it's Hunger Games history!"

"What do you think will happen Mom?"

"I don't know!"

I went to make myself something to eat when my mother stopped me.

"You don't need to do that anymore! She can!" My mother motioned to a girl i didn't notice before, standing in a corner.

"Who's she?"

"Our very own Avox!! Can you make my daughter a light meal?"

Avox's are people who have committed a serious crime. their tongues are removed or altered so they can't talk.   She nods and walks over to the stove