Chapter 7

I stand in the ground floor of the Tribute Center with my prep team, and my mother. Glacier and his team had yet to arrive. When I first walked out of the elevator, my mother couldn't stop commenting on my outfit. My, well, "costume" was a dress made out of gold, bronze, and silver fabric.

"Wealth of the Capitol!' Jasper had explained, or something like that.

The dress was covered in jewels that shone brightly, I think it was supposed to be beauty. and on my head was the stamp of the Capitol. I honestly felt embarrassed to be seen wearing it.

"You look beautiful!" A voice from behind me said.

I turned around and Glacier was standing there with his prep team. I looked at what he was wearing. His clothes were identical to mine, although he was wearing a suit. The Capitol stamp had been created into a top hat to go with his outfit. We're basically telling the other Tributes we own these Games. "I'm starting to think they dressed us like this on purpose!" I thought.

"Really?" I say answering Glacier. "I feel a bit, well ridiculous..."

"You think I don't?" I laugh.

"Well it certainly doesn't show."

"Come children! Time for the Opening Ceremonies!!" My mother shouts.

We walk into the elevator with our prep teams, and descend down to the stables.

The stables are at the very bottom of the Tribute Center. Each of the other tributes stand next to their horses and chariots. Ours is at the very front. The horses are white with flowing gold manes. The word "Capitol" was carved into the chariot. I run my fingers over the word, oh how I wish I wasn't here right now.

"Well children, get on the chariot!" My mother says.

We both stand there, Glacier because anything that moves beneath his feet freaks him out. And me because I'm afraid of horses.

"GET ON!!!" Fierce shouts.

Glacier grabs my hand and we leap onto the chariot.

"Good, well good luck children, don't forget to smile!!"

My mother and the others back away. I think i tense up.

"Its okay." Glacier whispers.

"Ya, you too." I say.

The anthem starts, the doors open and the chariot lurches forward.

The crowds cheers and screams are deafening. I can tell we're already favorites. In no time we reach the centre of the Capitol, in front if Snow's mansion.

"Welcome Tributes!!" He says into a microphone.

It echoes loudly around the Capitol.

"We all Welcome you to these very special Games!!!"

After a while I just tuned him out. I looked around at the other Tributes, and after a few minuets, realized I was staring at the boy from One. He glared at me and I looked away. Snow finished his speech, looked and winked at me, and it was over. We arrived at the Training Center, everyone was standing on the ground floor. Stylists mingling, tributes either looking around or talking amongst potential allies. Glacier and I didn't said a word to each other.

"Well,"

I say taking the Capitol stamp off my head. I shake my head making my hair fluff out.

"What did you-"

"Why did Snow wink at you?" Glacier says.

"Wha?"

"I said, why did President Snow wink at you?"

I don't say anything at first, I was hoping he didn't notice.

"Uhm, I don't know. No reason!"

I say hoping my voice doesn't make it obvious I'm lying.

"I think we're being watched..." He says.

I look over and see the boy from One glaring at me. The other Careers turn their attention towards us. The boys intense stare feels like he can see into my soul.

"Come children!!" My mother says leading us away.

"Let's go."

As we walk away we pass the Careers.

"Your first." The boy growls in my ear.

"And he's next."

--------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey everybody :) sorry its been so long since I've updated! I has trouble with my cell phone, I wrote most of CT on it and of course like all technology I have, it decides to stop working for me -_- so all the rest of the book will be from memory :) so while I re-write these chapters, in the mean time I will be sharing a different book :) don't worry I'm not going to forget about CT, I'm just taking a short break (I also got exams in less than 2 weeks) I hope you all enjoy my new book as well! :D

Thanx everyone :)