Chapter 11

I hear a sound, like someone's voice calling me. Well my name anyways. My hand shifts along a cold surface I'm guessing is the wall. I don't remember sitting down, nor do I really remember anything at all. I open my eyes to find Glacier knelt down in front of me. 

"Are you alright?" He asks me concerned. 

"I think so, what happened?" I ask confused.

I look to see the other Tributes standing crowded around closer. Most of them sneering or making jokes, although a few looked generally concerned. But I suppose that has to do more with character than anything else. 

"You alright?" One of the Career girls taunt. 

I give her a glare. Glacier helps me stand up, as one of the directors of the show comes over to us. 

"Are you alright?" he asks. 

"She's fine." Glacier answers before I can. I notice there were fewer Tributes standing among us. 

"They started the show?" I ask. Glacier nods. 

"We're going to go last now, they weren't sure when you were going to wake up." 

"Wake up?"

"You fainted." 

"Oh..." Glacier takes my hand and we walk to the back of the line. As we walk I notice the sneers and glances, my face turns red in embarrassment. One of the other Tributes tries to trip me. 

"Clutz." He mutters shoving my shoulder. 

"Pay them no mind." Glacier whispers in my ear. 

"How can I? Do you hear what they're saying?"

"Of course I do, and I'm telling you to just ignore them. Calling them out on it won't do you any good, or me for that matter. It's best to just let it go." Another Tribute makes a remark as we pass them. 

"Besides," Glacier continues. "There's nothing we can do about it. We're big enough targets as it is." 

I know he's right although I hate to admit it. Whether I'm from the Capitol or not, what did I expect? 

"What a great time for my nerves to kick in." I groan covering my face with my free hand. Glacier turns and we stand behind the Tributes of District Twelve. I notice how similar they look to each other. 

"Think they're family?" I ask Glacier. 

"No," The boy says. "We're not." 

"Oh," I mutter. "It's just that you two look a lot alike so I thought maybe-"

"Haven't you made a fool of yourself enough, pedigree." He sneers annoyed. 

"Edwin!" The girl says scolding him.

"I'm not a dog." I say in a serious tone. He turns his head to look me in the eye.

"Could have fooled me." The girl gives him a look and punches his arm. 

"That's enough Edwin." He snorts. 

"Shut up Maggie." 

The girl, Maggie, looks back at me. 

"Sorry about him, Edwin can be a jerk." Her eyes scan in his direction as if she expected him to hit her. "He means no harm though." I nod. 

We stand in silence until Edwin and Maggie have gone for their interviews. They walk through the curtain onto the stage in silence. Edwin whispers in my ear as he passes me.

"Fool." 

The crowd cheers as Ceaser introduces them. I look around where we're standing. With just the two of us standing in here, minus the production crew, the room feels so empty. I end up staring off into space, although I didn't realize I had been staring at the back of Glacier's head. He turns to look at me, and I awkwardly shift my glance.