Chapter 6

For the Quarter Quell two other teams and stylists were assigned Glacier and I. I had met my team, a few were some I'd seen in previous Games. They had me take a shower and started to transform me. I'm not exactly, well, "Beautiful" by Capitol standards. Some could say I let myself go, but for whatever reason, Snow finds me beautiful.

My long black hair, golden eyes and perfect smile are my best features.

"Well arn't you just a little doll!!"

Exclaimed one of my prep team members. I think her names is Ruby.

"You can't be eight-teen!"

"I'm not, I turned nineteen yesterday..."

Usually the age for the drawing of the Reaping is up to eight-teen, but since I was still eight-teen at the time, I still technically qualify for the Games.

Another prep team member Aaron looked at me.

"She is a little doll!" I blushed.

"But......she's really let herself go." Said the third prep member, Cinnamon.

"Yes she has!" They all say in agreement.

"Why in earth would you do that!?" Cinnamon exclaimed.

"I couldn't....." She mutters.

"It's like you tossed it all into the wind!" Aaron said.

For people who are supposed to make me look better, all they've done is criticized my beauty for the past hour.

"We'll not everyone in the Capitol wants to be like you!" I mutter.

"Your a Game Makers daughter!! You should at least take pride in your appearance!" They all said.

I shrug. "I got bored of it."

When I said that their mouths dropped open.  

After they finished making me look "decent again", to use what Cinnamon said. They went to get my stylist. When he walked in, I already knew who he was.

"Your Jasper." I say. He nods.

"Seen me before have you?"

He's tall with greyish green eyes, blackish blue hair, and a purple moustache.

"Yes, you've been District Three's stylist for as long as I can remember."

"I've seen you before too, a few years ago I think it was, I think you were with your Father." I nod.

"Well! I have many ideas for the Opening Ceremonies! We need to make sure you stand out because you and the other boy, well, really don't stand a chance! I guarantee you'll be the first ones gone!"

"...Well," I thought. "This is just making me feel great!"

"So your going to be spectacular!" Jasper says snapping me back to reality.

"We're going all out! Now, Aaron you'll do her hair, Cinnamon makeup and Ruby nails! Goodbye!" He said turning to leave.

He hollered for my prep team. They came running into the room, awaiting their newest task:

Get me to look absolutely unforgettable.

It took at least two hours before Aaron was finished happy with how my hair looked, Ruby only did my nails and that alone took forever! Cinnamon took the longest, and the whole four hours they wouldn't let me see a mirror.

"We wouldn't be taking this long if you had taken better care of yourself!" Cinnamon said.

"There!" she announced.

The three of them looked at the end result. Their eyes sparkle.

"Can I see a mirror now?"

Aaron sets a full length mirror in front of me. My reflection somewhat amazed me, partially because I haven't seen myself like this in a long time. The makeup brought out the gold-green in my eyes and my lips were a dark red. My hair curled and straightened, she even somehow weaved jewels in. My hair swooped over my shoulder.

"I..I wish other tributes ended up looking like that!" Cinnamon whined.

"She's absolutely enchanting!" Aaron exclaimed.

"Absolutely!" Ruby screamed.

"Let's go tell Jasper!!"

They ran happily out of the room. I stand there looking at my reflection, trying to decide if I like it or not.

"Truly beautiful!" I jumped. I turned and saw Jasper holding what I thought was a dress, but was so over the top I couldn't tell.

"Now for the final piece to the painting!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who has read my story so far :) i hope you all like it! :D