Chapter 12

"Snow." I say looking up in shock. He smirks, and my shock soon turns to anger.

"What are you doing here!?" I demand.

"I simply wanted to talk to you, and to tell you how wonderful you looked for your interview."

"Couldn't you have told me that later?" I look around the corner and see Glacier coming this way. This was just what I needed.

"Clarissa your Mother is..." He says trailing off when he eyes Snow. Anger fills his eyes as he continues.

"Your Mother is looking for you, now." I nod.

"I better go." As I try to walk away, he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"What? I'm not allowed to spend an evening with you?"

"There has got to be a rule against this somewhere." I mutter as he links my arm with his.

We walk back to where my Mother and the others are. I can feel the stares from the other Tributes and their Prep Teams. Most of whom are whispering loud enough for everyone to hear. Even my Mother looks a little shocked when she sees us. Both my Prep Team and Glacier's are silent.

"I see you've made your choice." My Mother says, I can feel the heat radiating off my cheeks.

"I suppose you could say that. Snow said-"

"Please, call me Coriolanus." He says interrupting me.

"Coriolanus told me, he would like to have dinner with us."

"Of course." Mother says brightly.

"Thank you. It's nice to see you again," He turns to Glacier.

"You as well Glacier."

"Same to you...President Snow." His words are filled with venom.

As we walk back to our apartment, the feeling of being watched doesn't lessen. Neither do the whispers of the people who heard our conversation. A few eye our arms linked together, and the talking doesn't stop until we've turned the corner. I walk silently with Snow back to the apartment. He tries to say something but I cut him off.

"Just don't." I snap.

I really started to hate the offer he gave me, and started to hate myself for agreeing to it. What was I thinking, that I thought this could work out. Although dying in a horrible blood bath at the Cornucopia or being attacked by the other Tributes wasn't any better. What's worse is now Glacier absolutely despises me, and Snow showing up wouldn't make things any better. If anything, this was going to be the longest dinner of my life.

My Mother unlocks the door for us all, the Avox's greet us and usher us in. Mother looks at her watch and glances over to the dining table.

"Well it looks like we're a bit early, there's still some time before dinner. Why don't we all-"

"I'm going to change." Glacier and I say at the same time. I follow behind him down the hall, and turn when we pass my room.

I close the door behind me, and head to the shower. I set the water to maximum heat and step in. The water burns me slightly from the heat, but I don't bother to turn it down. It helps me vent my anger. I watch my makeup run down the drain with the rest of the water, turning it different colours. I rinse and step out, the bathroom now full of steam. I wrap myself in my towel and walk out to my closet. Looking through multiple pairs of outfits before finally selecting one, a loose green top and dark jeans. I hear the door open and spin around.

"You look beautiful." Snow says. I glare at him.

"What are you doing!? Get out of my room!"

"Why are you so upset?"