Chapter 8

"Your first and he's next."

The boy's voice echoes through my head as we follow my mother. I knew exactly what he meant by the threat, and it was perfectly clear to me now. Without Snow's "help" I won't make it past day one. The thought of even accepting Snow's offer doesn't seem so unappealing now, that is if I ever would accept it.

"Now since the Quarter Quell was announced, they've been hard at work building a place just for us!" Mothers words cut into my thoughts.

She stops us in front of a doorway at the end of the hall, and turns a key in the lock. The door swings open, and inside is beautiful apartment. I assume the other Tribute's look like something similar.

"Well, why don't the both of you go get cleaned up for dinner?" She says.

Two Avoxs come forward, one gesturing me towards a hallway opposite to where I'm standing. I follow, until we come to a door and the Avox leaves. I open it and take a step in, taking in the sight of the room that oddly resembled the one from Snow's mansion. I shuddered at the thought he had helped design my home for the next week.

I take off my costume, and go take a shower. I scrub the makeup off my face, when my fingers snag on the jewels in my hair. I carefully pull them out, and after washing out a pound of hairspray, I dry off and get ready for dinner. All of them are there already sitting, they appear to have been waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" My mother asks, sipping her soup.

"And why did you wash off all my hard work!?" Cinnamon whined.

I shrug my shoulders, and smile to myself in amusement. Glacier looks over at me and I feel the tension from before. I look away and start to eat.

"Pretend he isn't here." I thought to myself.

"You don't owe him an explanation."

"Well, I think the Ceremonies were a huge success, especially for us." My mother says to Jasper.

"We have the best chance of all of them." I try to concentrate on conversation.

"I believe so too, although training will be just as important, even for these two." Jasper replies.

I'll be the first to admit having a Capitol pedigree, almost guarantees high scores for us; not including our Fathers'' positions. Mother smiles,

"Well, not exactly Jasper." She says.

Fierce glares, he'd been so quiet thus far I'd forgotten he was even here.

"Training," He says in a serious tone.

"Is just as important."

Something about him makes me uncomfortable every time he speaks.

"What are you staring for?!" He says to me, I actually hadn't noticed.

"If your going to stare off in La La Land, leave me out of it!"

I point my head down at the table.

"Why did you have to be a mentor this year."

I mutter, clenching my hands in fists.

"What's that? Can't hear ya!" He says.

"Shut up!" I snarl.

He glares at me amused.

"I swear everyone has it out for me tonight!" I thought.

When the final course is served, I quickly refuse and head towards my room. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Glacier stand and follow me. I walk faster.

"Clarissa wait!" He says.

I don't stop until I reach my room, and proceed to slam the door shut. Glacier's leg catches it before it closes and I try to shove him out. It becomes a battle for the door.

"Just listen,"

"Just leave me alone!!" I shout.

"Look, if this is about earlier, I didn't mean anything when I asked why he winked."

"Can you jut but out of my business!" I yell finally able to slam the door.

He sighs. "Fine, be that way, if you want we can talk later."

I wait and my ears follow the sound of his footsteps as he leaves.

--------------------------------------------- 

A/N

.....I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I haven't updated in basically a year, I had gotten busy and honestly I forgot, sorry ;_; but not to long ago, I was looking and wondering if I should just delete it...but remembered that I said I would complete this one. So I'm on summer break and I am going to continue :) enjoy the rest of the story as it unfolds :)

-hungergameslover136