I Said Wanna See Some Real Speed

Heya, Just a little side note that Apollo is a God in this fic even tho I've set it after the first book of Trials of Apollo, Just humour me.(also don't spoil that series in the comments plz)

*

I said... wanna see some real speed...

Hazel, Nico and Steve stood in the large shadow cast by the Avengers building. Down a side ally, hidden from the busy road and the blinding sun.

"I think we're good to go" stated Nico as he pulled the large rucksack over his shoulders. The rucksack was empty making it very easy for Nico to secure it in place, but he knew that once it was full of mythological metals it would be a pain to carry. He glanced at his sister and Steve who both looked like they were thinking the same things.

"How are we going to get to wherever these metals are?" asked Steve looking between the two demigods.

Hazel subconsciously scanned the alleyway for danger before she responded, "We're shadow travelling".

"We're what?"

"We really don't have time to explain" piped up Nico stepping closer to Steve and Hazel. "Its dangerous for us to linger in the City".
He extended his hands out for the other two to grab a hold of.

Hazel took her brothers hand with a smile, extending her other hand out to Steve. "You must be stupid Deathbreath is you think I'm letting you shadow travel us! Your still in recovery. Plus we're going to need you to pull up all the metal and we have a battle tomorrow... No! Don't even open your mouth to argue with me! You know I'm right" Hazel turned to Steve, shaking her hand expectantly (while ignoring her brothers grumbles). "Grab hands already, we need to get going".

Steve blinked, before snapping into action. This was a mission, maybe different from the one's he's been on before but a mission nonetheless. "Right.. yes lets get going" he muttered as he closed the circle, grabbing Nico and Hazel's extending hands.

Then there was a pull, as if coming from around them, and Steve watched in slight bewilderment as the shadows stretched towards them, before swallowing them whole.

*

Hazel stumbled upon impact, narrowly avoiding a mouthful of bark from the nearest tree. Nico and Steve seemed to be fine behind her.

They found themselves at the edge of a large field, hidden in the shadowy treeline of a small woodland. To the right, across the field down a hill was, what looked like, a quarry.

"Where have you taken us Hae?" asked Nico brushing some leaves form his hair.

"The Northern Mountains Provincial Park... hopefully" responded Hazel a little light headed, but proud she'd been able to transport them all safely. "If I'm right, then the quarry over there should be Bear fort Nelson quarry, oh and we're in Canada by the way" she added with a yawn.

Steve looked around before asking, "So we just travelled through Shadows?"

Nico nodded as he observed the surroundings for any danger that happened to be lurking. "Pretty much" he answered Steve, before he turned to Hazel. "Why make such a big jump?"

Hazel pulled a twig out of her curls before replying to her brother. "Well.. A lot of Imperial Gold is still lost in Alaska but I wasn't about to risk that trip. And the other Gold spot I know of is in Sacramento but that's like right next to the monsters second army on Mount Othrys so... " She trailed off as she looked around. "I've had a theory about this place for a while, just didn't exactly have the time, or the best skills with Shadow travel to get here. But I mean think about it. super old mountains, a good sized quarry.. I think it's a good place to start"