The End Of The World. pt 1

The End of the world

Hazel didn't think she'd ever end up back on one of them flying plane-thingy's so soon after the last (almost fatal) journey, but they needed to get to Vancouver Mt St Helens somehow and according to Tony, the Quinjet was the fastest way.

All of the gear the Demigod's needed had been brought to them by Annabeth, Percy and Grover, along will Clint's newly enchanted arrow late last night, or early this morning depending on how you wanted to spin it. Leo had left with them back to Camp to get Festus, they'd meet back up with him before the battle.

That meant, Hazel found herself strapped down next to Piper and Steve, opposite Clint, Nico, a very reluctant Bruce and Thor. Tony and Natasha were flying the jet.
Hazel didn't really know how the plane worked but she found herself impressed by the fact that it could turn invisible and fly them across the country in just three hours.

The atmosphere on the jet was tense and quiet, no one was really talking. Part of that was due to the fact it was early, like 5 am kind of early and no one really slept, but the real reason was that today was the day.

There was no more time to prepare, the fate of the world would once again be decided today. Piper was thankful they even had time to prepare, and for once she couldn't help but feel ready, ready to tackle whatever was thrown at them. This was so rare for Demigod's, quests of this magnitude were often sprung on them at the last minute, but this time they had a clear plan. The Avengers had armour and weapons, and the Demigods had the help from Camp as well as the Hunters.

All of this was a comfort but it didn't stop the mood in the jet being slightly sombre, after all wars weren't won without casualties.

Tony flicked some switches in the cockpit, glancing back at the teens as the jet went into autopilot. He hadn't known them for long, none of the Avengers had, but he knew that all of them, without question would do anything to make sure all the teens made it out of this battle alive.

*

The Jet touched down at the foot of the great mountain in a clearing hidden by some trees. Secrecy wouldn't matter to much of course as S.H.I.E.L.D. had secured and evacuated the area.

The group waisted no time and got busy setting up a small temporary camp where they could get ready for the battle.

Piper glanced at the time on the plane dashboard as she disembarked. It was 9:30 am. She felt slightly sick knowing that by midday the fate of everyone and the world would have been decided, when the sun was at its highest on the Solstice.

Annabeth had informed them that the rest of Camp would be at the Johnston Ridge Observatory which was higher up the Volcano by 10 am. Obviously no one knew when the battle was going to start, it wasn't exactly a scheduled event, but the general hope was the quicker it started the quicker it ended. Grover had also informed them that (as expected) a hoard of monsters were most definitely waiting to meet them in battle, as told to him by the tree nymphs.

Hazel helped Piper do up her breastplate as they got ready for the fight. Piper's breastplate, like the majority of the Greeks, was made from Celestial bronze, she also had a helmet to match it as well as Katoptris, her dagger.

Nico, though used to fighting in his trusty aviator jacket, had decided to play it safer and was also dressed head to toe in Celestial bronze armour (the decision had totally not been made because Will would of killed him if he turned up without armour). His Stygian iron sword looked perfectly at home in his hands.

Hazel was in her usual Roman gear, breastplate, Graves, her helmet and a Roman Legionnaires shield, which was a large rectangular shape differing from the Greeks rounded shields. Her neckless was transformed into her spatha that she hooked securely to her side.