A normal day

||A normal day

Piper struggled to get up when she finally came to. Twisting and turning it took her groggy mind a few minutes to realise the object on top of her was a body. The body of Leo Valdez to be precise.

He seemed to be passed out, lying horizontally across Piper's stomach. Wriggling some more on whatever Piper had fallen onto, she felt a sharp pointy elbow digging into the small of her back from bellow her.

Groaning, Piper tried to get her hand out from underneath Leo so that she could move off of whoever she was crushing. It took her a couple of minutes, but she managed to pry her hand out, it was scratched, covered in mud and had a cut that was oozing some neon green liquid but that wasn't what was really on her mind in the current moment.

Pushing Leo by the face, Piper managed to roll him off her so that she could then roll herself off of Nico, who was lying face first into the ground. Hazel who was next to him was sprawled out, her foot rather close to Nico's face.

Piper grumbled as she fell onto her back on the soft grass that was around them and took in her surroundings. From the grass, all she could see was high rise buildings that towered over the tree's that creeped into her vision on the right side, and the clear blue sky that hung boldly above. But it wasn't a peaceful clear, all of Piper's instinct were telling her that nothing good was headed her way in the immediate future.

But then again, that was generally a normal day for demigods.

Groaning again Piper pushed herself up into a sitting position ignoring the sharp pain she felt in her hip and arm's, she assessed the situation.

She found herself in what appeared to be a park, there was a cluster of trees off to her left and a few in a line to her right. An old, but clean looking fountain in front of the line of trees, and in the distance the heavy ambiance of a city.

It was unmistakably Central Park. Or what Piper hoped was Central Park considering her, Nico, Hazel and Leo had been trying to get there, they we're on an important quest given by the trees which also happened to be backed by Hades.

Looking round Piper spotted a vendor, she had no idea what it was selling, the letters on the sign were far away and her dyslexia was just another problem.

Reaching over to Leo, she tapped him until he woke up.

"Leo. Leo! VALDEZ I SWARE!"

"Geez I'm up, ok. I'm up." Leo Valdez blinked three times before looking up at Piper though the bright sun that was coincidentally shining in his eyes.

It took him a minute to realise where he was and the situation but when he did he bolted straight up to a sitting position.

Patting himself down he seemed relieved to have all his limbs intact.

"Sorry Pipes, I was a bit out of it".

"That's an understatement" said Piper a single eyebrow raised, softening her voice she continued to explain the situation. "We were all out cold, I think that jump really did a number on all of us, particularly Hazel and Neek's. Speaking of them, you should probably check their breathing". She said causally starting to get up.

Leo did a double take, " Check there breathing!? Piper! Why can't you? why didn't you do this before?"

"I only now regained consciousness, plus I'm going to get us some food, eating ambrosia on an empty stomach is never the best".

Piper was already walking away as she said it, her hair matted with dirt and monster dust, her orange Camp Half-blood t-shirt was marked with blood stains and her shorts had several rips in them. Leo didn't doubt that she would be a shocking sight to the person working the vendor.