Him and I Part 9

Atsushi

There was a cute tiger boy, hot emo boy, and yandere. Atsushi was stuck in a dead-end alleyway with two others, who were part of the mafia, ready to attack and capture him.

"So? You may have done something nice, but that doesn't cover up your karma. Ability: Rashomon!" A dark blade barely missed Atsushi's face as it crosses by. After the dust settled, the ground was severely burned, where the blade had sliced. 

"I missed on purpose that time, of course. But my Rashomon has poor taste. It devours anything and everything. I intend to capture you alive, but if you continue to resist. I'll take your legs next." Rashomon hovers hungrily over Akutagawa, waiting to destroy and devour its next victim.

"Why... Why me?" Is this my fault too? Do I make everyone around me suffer just by living? Why am I being attacked by a really ho... STOP THINKING THESE THOUGHTS!

"At-Atsushi-kun," Tanizaki spoke, he was in a lot of pain. "Run, please..." Th-there still alive, suffering. Memories of what Kunikida said at the cafe put ideas in Atsushi's head. What should I do? His body started to shake out of fear but he was ready for the worst. He charges at Akutagawa, not knowing of what to come. I'm not going to back down! This is for the Armed Detective Agency!

"Choosing death over submission, how tiresome." Akutagawa sends Rashomon to evade and destroy the weretiger, but Atsushi had other plans. Atsushi ducked down and slid by under Rashomon going past Akutagawa. He picked up a gun that Higuchi dropped and started firing at Akutagawa.

By the time the ammo ran out, none of them connected, Akutagawa was left flawless.

"That move wasn't half bad. But in the end, it's was a fool's last stand. I told you. My black beast is indiscriminate. It devours anything and everything. It consumed the very space bullets were attempting to cross to reach me. Neither spears nor flames can reach me without a space to traverse." Akutagawa explained, showing off Rashomon.

Great, what am I suppose to do now if any attack won't hit him? "And I am a man that keeps his word." Akutagawa sent off Rashomon towards Atsushi. Within a few seconds, Atsushi's right leg was completely gone, only a stump left on his body.

An ear-piercing scream was let out, filling the alleyway with pain and desperation. Akutagawa simply coughed as Atsushi shrieks in agony, trying to stop the blood spilling out of him. It hurts, it hurts so much.

Atsushi recalls a time when he was in the orphanage when he was young. He wasn't allowed to cry because he had no parents. He had nobody and no one. Abandoned so many times, no one truly loves me. Nowhere was my home. And yet I...

___________________________________________________________

A growl was heard on the walls of the alleyway. Akutagawa and Higuchi turned around seeing a partially transformed Atsushi as a weretiger. Suddenly, his right leg regrew and was in working function. 

"His right legs regenerated?" Higuchi didn't know what was going on. Wasn't he near death a couple of seconds ago?

Soon, Atsushi had fully transformed into a weretiger, it's the first time in its complete form.

"This is how it should be." The weretiger leaped down from the wall, Akutagawa pushed Higuchi and took a step back to avoid the Beast's first move.

"Akutagawa-senpai!"

"Stand down, Higuchi!" A fierce battle between Akutagawa and the weretiger broke out. Akutagawa sends Rashomon to attack, but the weretiger leaps onto Rashomon and starts running towards Akutagawa.