Hi Part 21

Atsushi

The cherry blossoms of May turned into the leaves of summer as June sets in. The tension between Atsushi and Akutagawa has turned into a new dynamic.

Akutagawa and Atsushi's relationship have moved on from enemies trying to kill each other daily to having conversations at school. Though their conversations are borderline aggressive at times, they never went too far. They have never shown their friendly relationship to anyone in the Agency or Port Mafia, just a little secret between the both of them.

Akutagawa fiddled with his black ink pen, not taking any more notes than needed. On the other hand, Atsushi's notebook has been filled with notes that he would later have to organize.

Who knew someone could take so many notes?

Streaks of lead glide across his sheet as the teacher spoke, "A quadrilateral is a rhombus if and only it has four congruent sides." Then the bell rang.

"That's it for today. Pages 213-216 for homework. Have a nice lunch, everyone." The teacher closed their book and left the room. Everyone in the room started packing their things, getting ready to enjoy lunch.

"Jinko." Atsushi looks up at Akutagawa next to him.

"Can you not call me that. It's annoying plus," Atsushi stands up and leans towards Akutagawa's ear, the tip of it turning red. "No one should have the idea of who we really are." A sense of urgency in his voice.

Akutagawa closes his eyes and whispers back. "No one knows who we are in the first place. Don't worry~"

The other takes a step back, the redness radiating across his face. Oh my god! His breath was on my ear. As Atsushi has a mental gay panic, a few people in the background giggle while some look away. Anyone who is homophobic keeps to themselves to avoid getting in trouble.

Especially when the principal is bisexual, and her female-born child is now non-binary. Plus, when this child is also Atsushi's friend and in the same class. Yeah, they're staying quiet. (😎💅)

"Sh-shut up! Um, where are we going to eat today?" 

"Perhaps the courtyard. They have recently added a few benches in that area."

"Ok, let's go!" Atsushi beams, trying to forget what happened eariler. He starts another conversation with Akutagawa, him nodding along as they walk towards the courtyard.
-
-
-
-
-
-
"So, um. Can I ask a question?"

"Why would you need permission to ask a question from me? Aren't we at least acquaintances?"

"Because this question I'm going to ask to a bit personal. Be glad I'm considerate enough to ask you in the first place, Akutagawa." Atsushi promptly steals a piece of SPAM musubi from Akutagawa's bento and shoves it into his mouth.

"But not considerate enough to ask if I was going to eat that piece of musubi," Akutagawa mumbled before taking one of Atsushi onigiris.

"Hey!" My precious onigiri! I spent 30 minutes making those. Well, at least Akutagawa seems to be enjoying them.

"What was the question you were about to ask?" 

"You did not."

Akutagawa unfazed, repeated his sentence. "What was the question you were about to ask?"

Is this guy stupid? How socially inept is he? This guy probably has no friends. Wait, that's sad cause I'm his friend.

"Why you. Never mind, I just going to get straight to the point. Do you know anything about Dazai-san and Nakahara's-san relationship?" Atsushi stares at Akutagawa, expecting a reaction, but he got nothing. Akutagawa remained stoned face and unfazed.