Questions Part 18

Atsushi

It's now has been around two weeks since that happened. Let me just say. I'm stressed, really stressed. Where's Dazai-san? The one moment I needed him, I can't find him! Ugh, where are you now? Atsushi paced around the apartment, fidgeting with one hand's fingers and the other slightly pulling his uneven bangs.

After that small incident, Atsushi has been avoiding Akutagawa. The only interaction they do with each other is a few glances to make sure they aren't trying to kill each other. The cloud of tension between them was growing, and it didn't seem like it would stop anything soon. There were moments that Atsushi swears that Rashomon was next to his throat. Ready to slice his neck open and obliterate his body.

During all of that, Atsushi has been pondering about who was the Port Mafia executive was to Dazai. Dazai hasn't spoken a word of what happened that day, and Atsushi's curiously is started to itch at his back. Atsushi pulls out his phone and opens the messaging app.

Dazai

Atsushi: Dazai-san, where are you?
Atsushi: ...
Atsushi: Dazai, I SWEAR-

Dazai: Yeah yeah I'm sorry!!!!!!!😅
I'm here so whats up?

Atsushi: Can I ask you a question?

Dazai: OF COURSE whats your question?

Atsushi was a bit hesitant, but he slowly typed and sent the question that has been a thorn on his side for a while.

Atsushi: Who was Chuuya Nakahara to you?

A long pause of heavy silence. The room felt warmer, and his shoulder felt heavy. Atsushi sat down on the couch, worried about Dazai's response. Did I poke at something that I should have seen?

Dazai: I'll tell you in real life. I'm coming home. 
Wait for me

Atsushi: Alright

Sent, Atsushi sighs. All I have to do now is wait. Atsushi gets up and paces around in a circle for a couple of minutes, anxious. I should make tea. Atsushi walks towards the kitchen and pulls out some cooking utensils. Lemon balm tea would be nice right now.

Dazai came home 20 minutes later. Atsushi was trembling and yet brimming with excitement if you call it that. They sat down on the cushions next to the dining table. 

An awkward silence transpires.

"Um, I made some tea. Would you like to have some?"

"Yes, I would like some, Atsushi. Thank you." Atsushi stands up and grabs the teapot nearby the stove. He takes two teacups, places them on the table, and pours the tea into both of them. The atmosphere was tense, tense enough to cut it like butter.

"I believe I should start explaining now. Are you ready?" Dazai asked. He wasn't looking towards Atsushi's eyes. He's not comfortable, but he still going to tell me.

"Yes, I believe I deserve to know everything." He sets down the teapot, and then he lightly blows over his tea and takes a sip. 

Dazai gave a small smile, "Yes, you deserve the truth. Chuuya Nakahara was..." Dazai takes in a deep breath. Trying to calm himself from the significance of the situation.

"He was my lover and husband. We met each other when we were both 15, out in the streets. We absolutely despised each other. We were so different, and yet. I think we were drawn to that difference. We somehow got closer and started to date a year later. When we were 18, I found Akutagawa, and Chuuya thought of him as our child. At 20, we got married in secret." Dazai shook his head, gazing down. His eyes with faint and gloomy like fog in the morning after it rains.