Chapter 34

A few days later Jesse was giving her speech at CCU so that they could recruit some of the new talent that was getting ready to graduate. She saw Caitlin in the back of the room listening the whole time. Once the speech was over Jesse walked to the back of the room to meet up with Caitlin before then went to find Mrs. DeVoe.

They found Mrs. DeVoe's office and knocked on the door. Mrs. DeVoe looked up and asked, "Is there something I can do for you two?"

"I think you can help us. Can we come in?" Jesse said.

"Sure. You are from STAR Labs, aren't you?" Mrs. DeVoe asked.

"Yes, we are. We are here to help recruit new talent for STAR Labs, but we are also here because we need your help." Jesse said.

"Why do you need my help?" Mrs. DeVoe asked.

"You will see in a moment." Caitlin said as she reached out and touch Mrs. DeVoe's arm with the memory ring.

"Ok, I remember everything now. So, Dr. Snow what do you need from me?" Mrs. DeVoe asked.

"Well it is actually Dr. Allen now. But anyways, we would like you to get us into your husband's lair so that we can destroy his helmet and his chair. We think that if we can do that, we can stop the enlightenment without all the fallout that happened last time." Caitlin said.

"I think I can help you with that. I don't know if his plans are going to work out the same this time because there are no bus metas this time around. Why did Mr. Allen not have to go into the speed force anyways?" Mrs. DeVoe asked.

"There was already someone there to keep the speed force happy, so this time Barry didn't have to go in there himself." Caitlin said.

"Ok, I am willing to help you with this. It might take a little while though, because my husband is still as smart as he was last time around so we will have to find a way to fool him." Mrs. DeVoe said.

"We will get to work on that. Thank you for helping us. We will get in touch with you once we have a plan." Jesse said and Mrs. DeVoe nodded as Caitlin and Jesse left the room.

When they got to the lair in STAR Labs Barry asked "So, how did it go? Is she going to help us?"

"Yes, she is. We just need to come up with a plan that will surprise DeVoe, because according to his wife he is just as smart as last time around." Jesse said.

"Ok. Yeah that could take a while. Although the rings might make it harder to read us." Barry said.

"That's true. I never thought of that. I am really liking this rings that Mon-El came up with. I guess it does help that he has been to the future and knows how these things work." Cisco said.

"Yeah it does help. From what Kara said, the ring allowed her to keep her powers, even when she was in space and also on Argo." Barry said.

"So, it only stands to reason that the rings should be able to help us in certain ways as well." Caitlin said.

"That's right. So, let's get back to work and lets also keep thinking of ways to trick DeVoe in case the rings don't work." Barry said as they all left the lair.

When the team got back to their workstations in STAR Labs, Barry went to Caitlin's office to visit for a while. "So, how is the serum for paralysis coming along?" Barry asked.

"It is coming along. I think it is time for some clinical trials. Barbara has already said that she wants to be in the trials, but I am trying to talk her out of it though." Caitlin said.

"Why would you do that? I thought you were doing this for her." Barry said.

"I am. I just want to make sure it works before I give it to her though. I don't want her to get her hopes up before we know whether it works or not." Caitlin said.

"I guess I can understand that. You think you will be able to talk her out of entering the trial?" Barry asked.

"Most likely not. She is just as stubborn as Oliver Queen." Caitlin said.

"Wow! That is saying a lot. I didn't know anyone other then Oliver was that stubborn." Barry said.

"You would be surprised. Anyways, I want to give it to her after I know that it works, but I am sure it will not end up that way. She is the perfect candidate for the trial." Caitlin said.

"Well I have got to go. I will talk to you after work." Barry said as he left Caitlin's office.

Barry went to his office and sat down at his desk to do some paperwork. His cellphone rang and he saw that it was Iris calling him.

"Hey Iris, What's up?" Barry said.

"You know how Kara runs her own newspaper in National City? Well she is trying to branch out. She wants to open a branch here. I have found a place for an office and she has agreed to come and look at it. If it works out, I will be running my own newspaper here in Central City. Of course, Kara will still be the over all boss." Iris said.

"That's great Iris. It is what you have always wanted. I think that Kara will like the place you have picked, and you will be running that newspaper in not time." Barry said.

"Thanks Barry. Anyways, we need to get together sometime. I haven't seen your wife in forever." Iris said.

"Yes, we do. I will talk to her tonight and see if I can set something up. Tell Eddie I said hello. I will talk to you later. I need to get back to work." Barry said as he hung up the phone.

Barry finished up his paperwork and went out in the field with Frost to stop a couple of bank robberies. After that was taken care of Barry and Caitlin went home with their family for the rest of the night.