Chapter 22

Caitlin was going to tell her family about the vacation that they were going to take to the beach today. It was a couple of days before they would leave to go on the trip, so it was time to tell them about the surprise.

"Hey Barry and Allegra, how would you feel about going on a vacation?" Caitlin asked.

"I think it is a good idea. It could help us relax before we have to go up against Savitar." Barry said.

"I also think it is a good idea. I am already a couple of weeks ahead in school, so it shouldn't be a problem for me either." Allegra said.

"Great, because we are going to the beach in two days." Caitlin said.

"How did you set all of this up?" Barry asked.

"I called Oliver about two weeks back, after Allegra had her first take-down, and I asked if we could rent his family beach house." Caitlin said.

"Well this is a great surprise. I am looking forward to it." Barry said.

"Yeah I am looking forward to it too." Allegra said.

"So, when do we leave?" Barry asked.

"In two days." Caitlin said.

"I was wondering, do you want to invite anyone else or just go with the three of us?" Caitlin asked.

"I don't know. What do you think Allegra?" Barry asked.

"I wouldn't be opposed to it being the three of us, but I also think that Jesse could maybe use a vacation. She works herself to death." Allegra said.

"Oh, that is a great idea. Maybe we should make it a family vacation and ask Jesse and dad to come." Barry said.

"I like that idea. Go call your dad now and then we will talk to Jesse at work." Caitlin said.

Barry went into the other room and called his dad and asked if he would be interested in the vacation. Henry agreed right away because he loved spending time with his son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. When they got to work, they talked to Jesse about going on the vacation and she agreed. She loved spending time with her cousin so of course she would go.

Two days later they were headed for the beach. When they got there, they were surprised at the size of the place. They went inside first to unpack all of their belongings. After they were done unpacking, Barry and Caitlin decided to take a walk on the beach. This is what they had needed for a while. A nice relaxing week away from work and all the stress of being superheroes.

"I am really going to enjoy this week. I don't know how long it has been since I have actually gone on a vacation." Barry said.

"It has been a long time for me too. You know it would be nice to have a beach house like this. Maybe we can talk to Oliver and see if we can build nearby and that way, we can have family vacations together. It's not like we don't have any money. I mean you are sort of rich after Thawne left you all of his money." Caitlin said.

"That is a good idea. We can talk to Oliver when we get back to Central City. I just want to spend time with my beautiful wife and family right now." Barry said.

"You don't have to tell me twice. This place really is beautiful, don't you think?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah it sure is." Barry said as they started to head back to the house.

When they got back to the house it was about time to eat dinner. Because they had just arrived not to long ago, they just decided to call in for some pizza. Of course, they would need like twelve of them because both Barry and Jesse could eat like five each. Once they were done eating Henry decided that he wanted to catch up on a book that he had been reading and the rest of the group decided that they were going to go for a swim. Once they had changed and gone outside, they walked down to the beach and set their towels on the ground so that they would all have somewhere to sit. Both Jesse and Allegra took their cover ups off and Barry said "You know, you both are lucky. If we were not on a private beach, I would have told y'all that you need to change because those swimsuits hardly cover anything." Barry said.

"Well, I guess I am lucky then, because you are not my dad." Jessy said with a smile on her face.

"Would you really make me change dad?" Allegra asked.

"Probably not. I don't want to embarrass you. But don't you think you are showing a bit much?" Barry asked.

"I am not showing too much for a eighteen-year-old." Allegra said.

"Mentally eighteen, yes. But you are really only fourteen." Barry said and Allegra shook her head because she was surprised that Barry would be this protective of her.

"I will keep that in mind, but tomorrow I think I will wear my thong." Allegra said.

Barry's mouth dropped to the ground and his eyes widened as all of the women began to laugh. "You know I was just kidding dad, but you should really see the look on your face." Allegra said as all of the women continued to laugh.

"Caitlin, you had better get your coverup off." Barry said.

"Why do you say that?" Caitlin asked.

"Because of this." Barry said as he sped up to the house and got a bucket while running back to the water and filling it up and coming back and soaking all of the women for laughing at him.

They then all went down and got in the water and had an all-out water fight. They were having more fun than any of them had had in a very long time and at this point Caitlin was truly happy that she had decided to rent this house for a family vacation.