Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I lay in bed, tears slowly filling my burning eyes, and listening to the song, I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend by, Girl In Red

Oh, Hannah, I wanna feel you close.

Oh, Hannah, come lie with my bones.

Oh, Hannah, don't look away.

Oh, Hannah, just look at me the same.

I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips.

I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath.

I never got to experience that. I never got to hold her that way, to kiss her that way, to kiss her until I lost my breath, to kiss her as a girlfriend, not a friend. It is more than likely that I am being dramatic about this because I am on my period but at least I got my period.

Sorry Emily.

But just thinking about the way that I can't even be able to look at her today, and dream that she was more to me, is devastating. Because, I can't even look at her, only through torn photos and old memories.

A knock on my door has me wiping my eyes and wrapping the blankets tighter around my shivering frame. "What the hell do you want, whoever the fuck is there?!" I shout and pout, sniffling.

"Woah." Luca mumbles as he walks in my room, hands held up in mock defense. "No need to be a bitch."

I glare and scrunch my red nose up. "Bitch means dog, dogs bark, bark is on trees, trees are a part of nature, nature is gorgeous and majestic. Thanks, bud."

"What's wrong." Luca says blandly as he sits in front of me.

I look away. "Nothing." Luca gives me a blank look and flicks my nose, rather harshly may I add.

"You look like death, amore. What's going on?"

I pull the blanket off of my head and curl my arms around my waist, doubling over and groaning into my pillows.

"Oh." I hear his whisper.

I turn my head to the side abruptly and glare at him, my eyes almost hurting from the hateful force. "Yeah, oh. Dumb ass. I fucking hate it here. Fuck you God, you sexist bitch. I was raised Catholic until I was fourteen and this is what I get? Sorry for dropping you all of a sudden but no need to get hasty."

"Okay." Luca sighs and gets up, walking out of my room. Huffing, I curl back up into a ball and hum to the music that is now playing.

When she was just a girl, she expected the world.

But it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep.

And dream of para-para-paradise. Para-para-paradise. Para-para-paradise.