𝟬𝟯𝟳 | 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙍𝙔 𝙆𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙄𝙀𝙎

SEASON THREE: TERRY KITTIES

a/n:i'm just going to apologise now because this is the longest thing i have ever written

a/n:
i'm just going to apologise now because this is the longest thing i have ever written

>><<

"Lolita! Ven aquí, por favor" Marisol called out from the front door of their tiny house in the outskirts of Havana. Lola was playing in the street with her best friend Jade and their friends. She was smaller than all of them, she wasn't as smart, she was quiet, she was shy. Marisol knew that moving with her mother would be the best for her. "¡Lolita, mija!" She shouted, this time getting her attention. The tiny girl ran towards her mother who picked her up with a smile. "¿Qué tal yo, tú y Abulelita damos un paseo para ver a Abuelo, huh?" (How about me, you and Abuelita take a walk to see Abuelo, huh?) Lolita nodded as she took her inside to put on her nice dress and matching bow.

It had been 4 months since Berto had passed away. It was unexpected for everyone but somehow, he saw it coming. So in his last conversation with Violeta and Marisol, he told them to move. They'd had been planning on moving to New York since Penelope was born but never had enough money. When he died, there was barely enough there and Violeta was hesitant to go but they weren't just going to get away anymore. They were going for Berto but also for Marisol and her daughters future. She wanted her to have the future so she didn't have to tell people she grew up with a toxic, emotionally/ physically abusive, alcoholic father. As much as Marisol didn't want to leave her husband of a year, she had to for her daughter and the life she wanted her to have. Everything Mari did was for her.

"¿Sabes cuál era el sueño de tu Abuelo?" (Do you know what your Abuelo's dream was?) The teenager asked her 4-year-old later on as they walked through the cemetery. Lolita shook her head as she held onto her grandmother's hand.

"Me mudo a Nueva York" (Moving to New York) Violeta answered.

"¿Qué tan lejos está Nueva York?" (How far is New York?) Lola asked.

"1000 miles away." Marisol smiled. Lolita nodded in understanding. Despite not speaking English, she understood it. Berto made sure she did. "After your birthday, we're moving to Brooklyn Heights. Solo yo, tú, Abuelita y tía Penelope" (Just me, you, Abuelita and Aunt Penelope)

"¿Qué pasa con Papi?" (What about Papi?) Lola questioned. Although she was terrified of her father, she didn't want to leave him behind because, in her 4-year-old mind, she thought he'd feel left out. "¿Y Abuela y Abuelo y tía Savanna?"

"Papi se va a quedar aquí con Abuela Melissa y Abuelo Héctor y tía Savanna" (Papi is going to stay here with Abuela Melissa and Abuelo Hector and Auntie Savanna) Violeta explained as they reached the headstone they were looking for.

Totally forgetting about what they were talking about just seconds ago, Lolita rushed forwards to place down the flowers and began to tell her Abuelo about the pretty bird she saw earlier. Both Marisol and Violeta knew that she didn't understand fully and probably forgot already but they were moving in just over a month. Lola's birthday was 4 days away.