𝟬𝟭𝟳 | 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙀𝙁𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙏𝙎

SEASON TWO: THE DEFENCE RESTS

"I don't want Sophia to know that I'm waiting for her

"I don't want Sophia to know that I'm waiting for her." Jake says to Lolita and Terry as they stand around waiting in the courthouse. "Should we pretend to have a heated argument that I win? Oh, or better yet: A physical contest that I win? " He suggests

"What's going on?" Terry questions. "I thought things were good with you and Sophia."

"Did you do something dumb?" Lolita smiles when Jake hesitates with an answer.

"That's a really good question, but actually no I don't think so. It's just been a little weird lately. She's been acting distant." Peralta explains.

"Have you talked to her?"

"No, I don't wanna seem desperate."

"Talking to her is desperate?" Lola said with a confused look. Jake opened his mouth to speak, but Sophia called out his name as she came to a stop in front of them.

"Jake? What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh, just arguing about America. Did you know Sarge doesn't think we should've given women a right to vote." Jake says.

"That is not true!" Terry defends as Lolita furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"We weren't talking about that. We were talking about how--" She began before both Jake and Terry sent her a pointed look.

"Since we've accidentally bumped into each other, wanna hang out tonight?"

"Oh, I can't. I have that event for The Association of The Brooklyn Public Defenders. Remember, you called it 'Satan's Charity Ball: Rise of the Demons'?" Sophia says making Jake and Lolita chuckle. Both detectives gave a small high five before turning back to Sophia.

"Defense attorneys are monsters." Terry chuckles with them. He stops when Sophia gives an unimpressed look. "Except for you. No, you're fine."

"Oh, that's so sweet." She gives a tight-lipped smile before turning to her boyfriend. "I have a minute right now. You wanna go take a walk in the park?"

"A walk in the park. How romantic. I know where all the murder spots are." Jake grins.

"Oh, do you wanna see them or avoid them?"

"The choice is yours, m'lady. Terry, Lolita, don't wait up." Peralta says before linking arms with Sophia.

"It's 10 am." Lolita calls after them as they begin to walk away.

>><<

"What's up with you today?" Terry asks as he and Lola sit in the car on the way back to the precinct. "You've been yawning all morning and you've been quiet."

"I'm just tired." She answered simply. "Alex wouldn't stop shouting so I only got 30 minutes of sleep. The poor old lady underneath me got her son to come up and tell her to shut up, but she didn't."