𝟬𝟰𝟴 | 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂

SEASON FOUR: THE OVERMINING

wattpad is not cooperating with me so i cannot put the stupid fucking gif at the top of the chapter :(

also, i did publish this yesterday but forgot to add something

>><<

"How many boxes of decorations do you think you have?" Rosa questioned as she passed Lolita the baubles to put on the tree they had gotten that morning. Usually, they would pick out a tree and put up the decorations in late November but with being so busy with work, Lolita hadn't any time. "I don't know. Lots. Also, five of these boxes are your decorations since there isn't any point in you decorating your apartment because we spend 80% of our time here and we're having Christmas here" Lola pointed out, going onto her tiptoes to reach near the top of the tree which was looking rather bare considering she was very small.

"I only have those decorations because you're so obsessed with Christmas and screamed at me 13 years ago when I said I wasn't going to decorate" Rosa smiled lightly as her girlfriend jumped to attach the bauble to the tree.

"It was either you let me buy you Christmas stuff or I don't speak to you until January 6th when it's officially over because that's when I take down my tree. You chose to take me to the store with the instructions, 'Get whatever'." She said, turning around. The tall woman rolled her eyes but couldn't wipe her smile away. "Can you pass me my final Disney bauble of 2016 please" Lolita beamed as Rosa chuckled, reaching into the box for the last Frozen-themed bauble and carefully passing it to her.

"Be careful or you will step in the glass when you drop it"

"I'm not going to drop it. That was 5 years ago, let it go..." Lola giggled as she held up the glass ball with Elsa inside.

"That was bad" Rosa laughed.

"But you're laughing, hermosa" The smaller woman giggled as she placed it on a branch, stepping back to admire her work. Although she hadn't turned on any of the lights, it looked beautiful. It looked like Christmas. "Where's the star?"

Lolita's smile grew when Rosa passed her the golden star with hints of pink glitter to match the theme of the pink, white and gold baubles and the lights... when they were finally turned on. The colour scheme didn't bother Rosa as much as it did when Lola first got her own apartment. It wouldn't be Christmas without her girlfriend's need to incorporate pink, Disney and glitter into everything. "You want me to lift you?" She asked as she watched Lolita try and jump to reach the top.

"No, I can do it" Lola shook her head, trying again.

"I don't think you can, bonita. It's not like you've grown at all over the past year."

"No one asked" The slightly younger woman mumbled making Rosa laugh. "Stop. It's not funny. I can do it myself-- Rosa!" Her seriousness turned into giggles as Rosa picked her off the floor, Lola's legs wrapping around her waist to prevent herself from falling.

"Can you reach now?" Rosa questioned, leaning close enough to the tree so Lolita could place the star on top. Lola nodded as she carefully attached the star, smiling when she did.

"It's very pretty" The small woman commented as her feet touched the cold floor. "Can you plug the lights in?" Rosa pushed the plug into the wall, all the lights turning on a second later. Lola's smile grew wider as she looked around the room admiringly before turning to Rosa.

"Why do you love Christmas so much?"

"Feliz Navidad, mi vida" Lolita said, ignoring her question.