Chapter 4 (2 pages)- Time For Change

“Hi.”, I say, looking straight into Liam’s crystal clear brown eyes. “Hey babe.”, he responds. “Who’s this?”, the bodyguard, Preston asks. “Sorry to bother you, I’m a fan. But I saw that there was no one else outside and I just wante-“ “It’s fine, Would you like a picture or anything?”, Harry interrupts me. I didn’t mind that he interrupted me, he’s HARRY STYLES, I am HONORED to be interrupted by him! Haha, but back to the story: “Sure, where are Niall, Louis, and Zayn?”, I asked. Just after I asked that, they came around the corner. Behind them were Eleanor and Danielle. “Found them!”, Harry points and chuckles. His dimples are even deeper in person than they are in pictures. “Hi love, how are you?”, Louis asks. “Good, thanks. How about you?”, I respond, although on the inside I’m fangirling like crazy. LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON JUST CALLED ME “LOVE”. I’m surprised I was still even breathing! “Is it okay if she gets a picture with oohz?”, Harry asks. “Sure, just right here?”, Zayn asks. “Do you want me to take it for you?”, Danielle asks me. “Sure, thanks!”, I smile and hand her my phone.

          We take 3 pictures, 2 regular and 1 funny one. “Thank you so much!”, I say. “No problem.”, Harry responds. “You wanna go get something to eat?”, Niall asks Liam. “Sure, hold on one second, let me just go make a phone call real quick!”, Liam says. “I love your shirt!”, I say to Eleanor, trying to make conversation. “Thanks! I just got it the other day in New York.”, she smiles. I can see why Louis loves her so much, she’s like the female version of him! “Would you like to join us?”, Niall asks. “To eat?”, I ask the obvious question.” “Of course, that’s all he ever does!”, Zayn teases. I laugh and say “Sure!” I’m suddenly becoming more comfortable talking to them. It at last crosses my mind that they are real people, just like me. The fame hasn’t gone to their heads, they are still those same 5 boys from the stairs. I feel at ease. I don’t have to worry anymore. Everything is going great.

-  We walk into a restaurant and all sit around a big table in the middle. I’m with Louis, Zayn, Harry, Niall, Liam, Eleanor, Danielle, Paul, Preston, and another security guard named Andy. “Sorry, I didn’t catch your name before.”, Danielle looks over at me. “Oh, I’m Emily.”, I say. “Do you live close to here?”, Louis asks. “Yeah, kind of. About 20 minutes away.”, I tell him. “Are you going to the concert tonight?”, Harry jumps in. “No, I couldn’t afford tickets. I tried to win them from the radio station, but no luck.”, I said. “Well maybe you could still come. We can give you a pass, or you could come to sound check with us, and we’ll bring you.”, Niall offers. “Really? I’d love to! I’ve never even been to a concert before, and you guys are my favorite band.”, I say. The boys smile, and I blush a little bit. I don’t want them to think I’m a crazy fan (which I am on the inside). I try to keep it calm. I just want them to like me. I wish I could be friends with them, not because they are famous, but because they are so lovable as people.

    After lunch, we get ready to leave for the sound check. I can’t believe I am going to get to ride in their tour bus and go to their sound check and backstage at their concert! This morning, they didn’t even know I existed. This morning, I didn’t have concert tickets, a backstage pass, sound check passes... anything! The tour bus was like something I’d never seen before. “Is Olly already there?”, Niall asks Paul. “Yeah, he’s already started.”, he responds. I almost forgot, Olly Murs was their opening act. Not only am I going to the sound check now, but I am going to meet another one of my favorite musicians!

      “So how old are you?”, Niall asked. “16”, I say. “Did you come to see us on the Big Time Rush tour when we were here last?”, Harry questioned. “No, I couldn’t go.” “Oh, alright. So what kind of music do you like?”, Harry continues. “Yours, obviously”, I laugh. “I like a lot of artists. Olly, Cher Lloyd, Ed Sheeran, Little Mix… Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I was born in the wrong country.”, I try to make the boys laugh, but they just look at each other and smile. To break the silence, I ask “So how’s the new album coming along?”. “Great, thanks! We’ve already recorded about 10 or 11 songs!”, Niall explains.

      We get to sound check and Harry tells me to follow him. “We’re going in from the back, because there are too many fans in the front.” “Oh, ok. Are there a lot of fans inside?”, I ask. “Only a few have passes, so not really.”, Harry answers. “Oh, alright. Just wondering.”, I say.

                We get inside and everyone else is already in there. Olly is in the middle of his song “Dance With Me Tonight”. The songs ends, and the boys are up. “Who’s this?”, Olly asks Preston. “A fan who came to see the boys at the hotel. She’s going to be spending the day with us and coming to the concert tonight.”, he replies. “I’m Olly”, he smiles, and shakes my hand. “Emily”, I respond. The boys go through the track list. I stand with Danielle, Eleanor, Olly, and his back-up singers as we watch. Every time the boys look over toward me as they’re singing, I get goose bumps.