Chapter 2- A Glimmer of Hope

I stand alone in the place where the signing was earlier. “I am in the same exact spot as the boys were earlier”, I think to myself. If only they hadn’t left. If only I could’ve been one of those lucky 500 people. If only it was simple to meet them. But unfortunately, “simple” isn’t an option when you are referring to the biggest band in the world.

                “Excuse me?”, I turn around. Paul. Paul Higgins is talking… to me? What would he want from ME? “Yes?”, I ask, as my voice shakes. “Have you seen a wallet around here? I think mine must have fallen out of my pocket.” “No, sorry.” As he begins to turn around, I look under the table. “Oh, wait!”, I shout over to him. “Is that it?”, I point to a black, leather object beneath the table the boys had been sitting at. “Where? Oh, that’s it! Thank you.” “No problem”, I smile. “Are the boys still around here?”, I couldn’t help myself but ask. “Yes, they’re at the hotel across the street. Sound check doesn’t start for another 2 hours.”, he replied. “Oh”, is all I could bring myself to say. “Thanks for helping me find it.”, he says, as he walks off into the distance.

                I should’ve asked him if I could meet the boys. I know he probably would’ve said no, just because it wouldn’t be fair to the other fans. I glance across the street at the hotel. There are no fans outside. That means no one knows they are there. This is my chance. This is my time. And I won’t let anything or anyone stop me.

                I walked over to the hotel. I stand outside the double doors, unsure of whether or not I should go inside. I finally come to a decision. I walk into the lobby, and I don’t have to look far. To my right, Harry and Liam are standing there with a few security guards. I am shaking. I have never been so anxious in my whole life. I start to make my way toward them. Finally. I am going to meet the boys.