Ch 8: Say Sayonara (The Real one this time)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I know what you're going to say," Amaya began. "Ninja's aren't real. It surprised me too, but-"

"What? No ninja's are real." Nate cut her off. "There are loads of historical accounts that say ninja fought against Samurai during feudal times if you know where to look for them. But they were relatively dormant during the shoguns rule. Even if news of his death already spread the ninja would be working to defend the village from the samurai's remaining forces. Unless the village did something to wrong the ninja's but what could make them turn their backs on the village so quickly?" Nate wondered. "Mahsako?

"We have had peaceful relations with them for many moons." Mahsako replied, "I cannot think of anything we could have done to anger them."

"Maybe you didn't. Someone else must have and now the village will be blamed for it." Amaya shook her head. "I've seen it happen to other villages before. Outsiders hiding stolen treasures to instigate a slaughter."

"Snart, did you take anything extra from them?" Sara asked looking to the thief. "Diamonds, Jewels, anything that you shouldn't have?"

"No," Snart replied. "Not this time. They didn't have anything that valuable."

"Me. They had me. Snart took me and now they want me back." Clarity realized, speaking up. "They must still be after me-I mean it makes sense. I lead them straight here and I don't think changing their legend helped anything."

"You changed a legend!? Clarity!" Ray's mouth dropped in disbelief.

"I-I didn't mean to," Clarity spluttered in protest. "It just kind of happened." Clarity replied running a hand through her hair shrugging lightly, lightning crackling over her arm as she did so.

"Just kind of happened? How does something like that just kind of happen?" Ray asked her incredulously. "An entire legend was completely altered."

"It just does, okay? And only the ending of it changed. They saw my powers and it's not like I had a translator to explain myself with so they drew their own conclusions."

"Don't you think you should've been a little more careful?" Ray insisted. "Myths and stories like that are precious. What if we landed in Britain instead and you changed the tales of Camelot?"

"I got chained up in some cavern with a hot springs, they weren't exactly giving me any choices."  Clarity defended herself.

"Wait, you got beaten by a bunch of lousy chains with your powers?" Nate raised an eyebrow. "Why didn't you do that thing you do and just zap crackle pop yourself out of there before they got the wrong idea?"

"It's called glitching, and I was submerged in water. I tried, but I couldn't, it would've hurt too much." Clarity replied.

"Don't you think that's kind of lame? All you had to do was fight through the pain, it might hurt but I'm sure if you tried harder you could've gotten out of there in seconds. You just weren't doing enough."

"What did you just say to me?" Clarity asked her grip on her crossed arms tightening, lightning crackling on her hands. She wasn't doing enough? First he says they don't need her and now he tells her she hadn't done enough? Did he even know what she'd been through the past few days?

""Do or do not there is no try."" Nate quoted Yoda a bit bummed that his quote hadn't even gotten a smile out of her, but then again maybe a girl like her wouldn't get the reference. "Not even a smile for Yoda? At least smile for the Yodster. Mahsako did and she didn't even know who he is either."

Clarity frowned at him no sign of a smile on her face, her lightning cracklings more intensely along her arms.

"Look all I'm saying is that next time you should spend less time thinking and just do it. It worked for me, it will for you too. It's easy to use your powers-"