Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)

Start from the beginning

The moon was full and I felt my white fur sparkle suddenly my growls became louder which shocked the rogues which also alerted Mom and Dad. They also alerted the guards and all of the rogues were captured that night mom and Dad took Brooklyn and me to the healers to help us with the situation we were in. I was unparalysed but the trauma Brooklyn and I had experienced was never cured, we were helpless and we didn't know what to do if my new echo growl wasn't there to save us that day. That was also the day I trained my butt off sun up to sun down to protect my siblings, my family, the people I love and the pack. I need to protect them all.

"So Ryder, I wanted to ask you something as well?" He looked at me nervously but I gave him a curious look on my face.

"What's up?" I asked him.

He then slowly took a box out of his pocket. "You see...." he then opened the box and a diamond ring was inside.

"Man.... are you going to propose to Miss Lily!'' I asked him and he nodded happily at me. "Congrats, man!"

"Yeah, real soon. Maybe in a few days or so, I didn't figure out the perfect way to propose to her yet. I still need to ask her dad's permission and I need to think of the scenery I would like to propose to her in and maybe the wedding dates....." he said spiralling.

"Woah, woah man, I think wedding dates and all that can come after you propose to her and you're a great guy, her parents would love you. And I don't think it matters how extravagant the scenery is when you do it, you should propose to her when the moment is right and what you think that would make it memorable. It could be at home or maybe in a restaurant. The most important thing is the person you are proposing to and the love you have for each other, not how you propose. You love her and she loves you, she will say yes."

He looked at me shocked. "Wow, that is very mature of you to say and you're 16!? When you meet your mate, she will be one grateful girl hearing that all coming out of your mouth," he said, putting his ring back in his pocket.

"Yeah, well Dad was the one that said that to me when I was younger. He told me that so when I find my mate I know what's more important, which is her." I explained to Kyle.

Kyle and I went to join the rest of the pack members for dinner and I got to meet the rest of my family there and my little cousins too. The adults were all talking about adult stuff and of course, asking if I was ready to take the throne when I became an adult myself. This conversation will take the whole night so I just continue my meal and go back home straight after as the next day I need to go to school.

As I came back home, I lay on my bed and was looking at my phone but something was bothering me, the words Kyle said echoed in my mind.

'They were so nice and they were so friendly, I thought I could trust them.'

'Makes you think about who we really can trust right now'

'they were shocked that their children's newfound friend was working with the rouges. Ryder, please be careful.'

'Be careful'

Those words keep spinning in my head like a carousel, those rogues were manipulating those kids and taking advantage of their trust. They could act all nice and sweet but rotten inside, and all the kids didn't even know that their friend was a rogue because they trusted them.

"If It can happen to them, there is a possibility it can happen to....us?" I said out loud

Then I remember something, the fire and the earthquake, the things that happened at school that turned to chaos of rumours and bad reps, it all happened when Aurora came to town.