Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)

Aurora POV

I woke up as the sunlight flashed on my face, I yawned and looked at the shoebox and saw the cat was gone.

"where is it!?" My first idea was to check under my bed and I did.

"Meow" I looked up and saw that the cat was on my study table.

"Well, aren't you an early bird or should I say cat, since you are a cat!" I said

*That was a lame joke, well at least no one was here to hear it*

"What are you doing here? Near the -" The cat suddenly kept touching its paws on a book that I forgot I received. "Oh I forgot about that, I left it here" I held the cat in my arms and sat on my chair.

I noticed the book closely and saw that it had a picture on it. A picture of ' a rose with its thorn and a bird'?

"Why does this symbol look familiar like I have seen it before?" I said to myself while looking at the cat.

Suddenly flashes of memories came by, the bird was on a hand like a birthmark or a tattoo. And a woman wearing a black hood.

I held my head. "Owww" While it happened another feeling of electricity came into my body and suddenly my ear felt like it was burning. I heard a voice "Master, are you okay?" I looked behind me after that and no one was there. "Master? Okay, I need a shower, I think my mind needs a break. And your kitty, we are going to the vet to get a check-up on you, so I hope you will behave."

I took a shower and dressed up for the day, but I felt like the book was pulling me to it and I was curious. So I sat back at my desk and tried to open the book but I couldn't."Oh well, I can't read it now"

Suddenly I forgot that I had worn a necklace that came with the book and it glowed, the book went open by itself. "Woah, I remember now, the necklace is a key and the book automatically responds and opens. I have no idea where mom bought this but technology has gone far to make opening a book seem so cool!"

Rosaleen came and sat on my lap and I stroked her, I looked at what the book said: '

'Chapter 1: Abilities'

"Abilities? Huh?"

'For children'

"Wow, there are so many things that I can't process right now, why would mom give me a book of phoney things from whatever it came from and I feel insulted with the children's thing!"

"Meow"

"You're right Rosaleen, I just have to take this joke, I think that this is from my brothers instead, maybe Alex did it! Nah, he wouldn't go this far, it's so lame. It's completely child's play."

I kept reading the book and looked and what they said:

'Basic elemental abilities; the four elements: water, fire, earth and Air.'

* When doing this, some elements need to be near you to perform this.'

"Hmmm, That is interesting! this seems easy, what the hell, let me try just for fun. I know it's not going to work. But I need an element ''I looked around me and thought of opening a window for air but I saw a puddle of water on the floor. " That will do!"

I closed my eyes and focused on the water, thinking of the sea, water in a cup, puddles, and lakes. "Water," I said while pointing my index finger up.

I opened my eyes." Hm, well, there is no such thing as- "Suddenly I heard a meow from Rosaleen and she was looking at something beside me and there I saw it the puddle on the ground was gone and flew up in the air which I pointed at.