Interstellar Military Cadets 5.8

The cadets continued their daily intensive training at the base. Suddenly, their school received an invitation from Kendosia Empire from out of the blue. The empire’s senior officials considered this invitation to be of great significance, so they immediately convened for an emergency meeting with all the military divisions.

The Kendosia and Willisanto Empires were both matched in terms of strength throughout the galaxies. Unfortunately, they didn’t have good of relations. They often butted heads for various reasons. They could be in a disagreement one day for an energy source and a mineral mines dispute on another. They had been on the verge of battle for several years now. The Lion Corps were able to suppress their military threats in these recent years, so while the Kendosia nation caused several disputes, they still weren’t able to gain any advantages over the Willisanto Empire.

The emergency meeting discussed and analyzed the situation. Finally they came to the conclusion that the Kendosia Empire was upset that they had been suppressed by the Lion Corps so severely that they became a laughing stock throughout the galaxies. There was enough domestic complaint and internal dissatisfaction that the Kendosia Empire decided to have their military academy go against the Willisanto’s military academy in a competition to save face. They believed that the competition would be able to finally prove that even though Kendosia Empire’s military strength was currently slightly inferior to Willisanto Empire for now. They wanted to show that their future cadets and reserve soldiers were definitely far superior.

It would have seemed as though the Willisantao Empire were really scared of the Kendosia Empire’s strength if they didn’t accept the invitation. They had no choice but to accept the invitation to have their future military soldiers compete against the Kendosians and win.

The Empire handed over the matter of arranging the cadets for the competition to the Lion Corps’ senior commanders. The Lion Corp decided to take part in the competition process where they would oversee the scoring. They would set up a group competition first. The first team to win would be their first pick to represent the empire and the runner up would be their reserve group.

The 30 candidates would form their own teams before the competition. Each group could only have three people and one of them would be the team leader. The cadets’ performance scores would be calculated by adding all the members’ individual scores and taking the average. Therefore, they needed to work together so that one single person wouldn’t bring down the average.

The team members couldn’t be changed during the competition, so each cadet had to form their team carefully. There was not going back once they submitted their applications to the Lion Corps.

Qiao Chen and Dick were naturally in the same group. Apart from Justin, there wasn’t anyone else who was willing to form a group with two cadets from Class F, so Justin was their third partner.

Danny and his group were standing around and discussing something when Qiao Chen and his group went to submit their team application. Danny saw Qiao Chen walking over, so he walked up to him and said, “Have you turned in your application yet, Qiao An?”

Qiao Chen didn’t reply, but gave him a look that said something like ‘Was this any of your business?’

“Harold hasn’t found a team to join yet. Let him join your group.” Danny said.

“So sorry, we’re full.” Qiao Chen replied. He waved the application form in his hand as proof. Danny knew that Qiao Chen and Harold were like water and oil, but he still walked over to have Harold join the group. His intentions were too obvious.