The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.12

Although Shu Wenjie and Qi Yuxuan’s ‘tree of life’ died, they survived. After Qi Yuxuan was discharged from the hospital, Qiao Chen sent him a welcome home gift.

Three years ago, Qiao Chen was rescued before the abductors killed him. Wei Zhennan ordered his men to take those men away. It should have been almost four years since they’ve been suffering in torture by his command. The kidnappers were released, but they became so thin and pallid that they didn’t even look like human beings. The most peculiar thing was that they didn’t even have a single scratch or injury on their bodies.

The kidnappers all went into the police station and turned themselves in. The confessed everything about the abduction from over three years ago. They told the police the whole process and how it was carried out. They admitted that it was Qi Yuxuan who first looked for them in the first place. He was the one who hired them. They also stressed that it was Qi Yuxuan who made the plans to fake the abduction.

Qi Yuxuan always believed that the kidnappers killed Qiao Chen and fled overseas. Once he saw Qiao Chen alive and well, he was first surprised. Then he was terrified of the possible consequences. He feared the worst: that Qiao Chen knew about his abduction plan. He scared of whether Wei Zhennan would have helped Qiao Chen with his revenge. However, the more he thought about it, the more he convinced himself otherwise. If they were the ones who caught the kidnappers, then they would have long known about it. They wouldn’t have waited three years to enact their plans. With Wei Zhennan’s resources, it would have been easy to take revenge. As a result of his reasoning, he figured the kidnappers had escaped. However, he never expected the abductors to show up now and expose the skeletons in the closet. They even showed up at the worst possible moment. They just had to come at a time when he was the most vulnerable, with no backing what so ever. The men even turned themselves in with the 100 million Yuan ransom (~15 million USD) they received from Mr. Qi.

Mr. Qi received a police notice about the situation. The police also notified him that they were in possession of the 100 million ransom money. It turned out that he wasn’t missing a single cent from the ransom amount. Then, Mr. Qi learned about how the kidnapping scam was Qi Yuxuan’s scheme to go after Qiao Chen. Mr. Qi rushed over and wanted to strangle Qi Yuxuan to death.

“You’re not even human! You’re an animal- a beast!”, Mr. Qi shouted at Qi Yuxuan. He pointed his finger at him and cursed, “What did I do to deserve this? There’s something else you’re guitly of- Beichen and Yuxin. You’ve succeeded in making a fool of the entire Qi family.”

“Father, I really know I was wrong. Please forgive me. Let me come back home, please dad.” Qi Yuxuan cried as he was held up by the police. He dropped down and knelt on the ground to beg for forgiveness.

“Forgive you?”Mr. Qi sneered, “I’ve raised you for so many years now. Have I ever owed you anything? Even if a wolf was raised from a pup into adulthood, it would know how to be grateful. What about you? How did you repay me? The Qi family has fallen because of you, and you still have the gall to ask me to forgive you? You’d better hope you get to stay in prison for your whole lifetime, because if you ever get out… I’ll never let experience a moment of peace.”

………..

Wei Zhennan drove his yacht on the sea. He was relaxing with Qiao Chen. The blue sea below… the blue sky hanging above… the sunshine and wind caressed them. In their rose tinted world, they did as they pleased.

Qiao Chen was dressed in sunglasses, swim trunks, and an opened button up shirt. He sat against the guard rail as he enjoyed the sea breeze.