The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.8

Qi Yuxuan and Qi Yuxin held their wedding in an upscale hotel. Everything was situated on the outdoor lawn. Mr. Qi invited many of his business peers and celebrities to the wedding. It was a very big and lively event.

Qiao Chen walked over to Wei Zhennan with a glass of wine in hand. Qiao Chen offered the glass as he greeted, “Director Wei, thank you for attending the Qi family’s wedding.”

Wei Zhennan smiled and accepted the glass. Their fingers touched for a brief moment. “The Qi family’s adopted son marries the Qi family’s daughter. This can be considered a kind of incest.”

“Isn’t that right?” Qiao Chen said quietly, “It can also be considered as an incestuous relationship that was encouraged by the household.”

“You said something good was going to be happening ahead of schedule. When does the show start?” Wei Zhennan quietly asked.

“Just wait a bit more. You won’t be disappointed.” Qiao Chen promised. His words had just left his mouth when someone came over to greet Wei Zhennan.

Qiao Chen turned his attention elsewhere and exchanged formalities with some more guests. Then he went to Mr. Qi’s side and entertained guests that had just arrived.

After the wedding officially began, Qi Yuxin held Qi Yuxuan’s hand and walked down the red carpeted aisle.  The two exchanged rings before the priest. Then they toasted to the guests.

Following Qi Yuxin’s requirements, the banquet was self served. The venue was bustling with all of the guests taking part in the meal. Then, the groom and bride were inadvertently separated by their respective friends. They didn’t mind and continued to chat, drink, and celebrate the wedding with their friends.

Every now and then, Qiao Chen would survey the room and take note of where Qi Yuxuan was. Eventually, he saw Qi Yuxuan and Shu Wenjie quietly leave together while everyone was busy. Qiao Chen couldn’t help but laughingly grin. They were just too predictable.

“Don’t laugh like that here.” Wei Zhennan chided. He felt disgruntled. Even though he really liked Qiao Chen’s kitten-like smile, he didn’t want others to see it.

Qiao Chen understood that the man was thinking nonsensical things again. He glanced at Wei Zhennan in reply. Then he brought Wei Zhennan to the pavilion where Qi Yuxuan and Qi Yuxin just had their ring ceremony. Currently, there was a very large TV placed there. The screen displayed the newly married couple’s wedding photos.

With the marriage between Qi Yuxuan and Yuxin, the unhappiest person was of course Shu Wenjie. Therefore, to coax Shu Wenjie, Qi Yuxuan should have promised something special in return. In the previous life, Qi Yuxuan invited Shu Wenjie to the hotel. Then they went into the wedding room Qi Yuxin specifically reserved for their wedding night. Qi Yuxuan wanted to explain to Shu Wenjie that he was being forced into the marriage. To further cement his faithfulness towards Shu Wenjie, he wanted show him that he favored Shu Wenjie, not Qi Yuxin. To “show” this love and devotion, the two “used” the wedding room.

Even though the time of the marriage occurred differently than that previous life’s, the location and situation were the same, and Qi Yuxuan once again quietly left the banquet with Shu Wenjie.

Normally, with the amount of people in attendance, nobody would notice if the groom secretly left for half an hour. Even if they did, then he could have said that he just went to the restroom. Unfortunately for him, Qiao Chen prepared quite the wedding gift for the couple. He wouldn’t let Qi Yuxuan repeat a clean get-away like the last life.