Crossing Over Against a Transmigrator 4.3

Qiao Chen woke up early in the morning to prepare for his visit to Hanwu Temple. Before he headed out, he bumped into Chen Jingrui, who had only recently returned for the first time.

“Where are you going, elder brother?” When Cheng Jingrui saw Qiao Chen, he didn’t even try to be polite or courteous. So even though he respectfully called Qiao Chen ‘elder brother’, his tone didn’t carry even an ounce of respect. He even had several attendants who followed him. In contrast, Qiao Chen only had two. This made it seem like Chen Jingrui was the true born son.

“I’m going to Hanwu Temple to pray to Buddha.” Qiao Chen said calmly.

“Really?” Cheng Jingrui took out a few hundred silver bills, handed them to Qiao Chen, and said, “My mother has been feeling unwell over these past few days. Here’s some incense donation money. Help me burn some incense while you’re there so that Buddha can bless my mother’s health too.”

How could Qiao Chen not know that Madame Xu’s un-wellness was not due to her health, but because of the family rules and conduct his mother was enforcing? Cheng Jingrui was only trying to show off his financial resources. He also wanted to use the money to send them away, so that they wouldn’t be too hard on Madame Xu.

Qiao Chen laughed and ridiculed, “Madame Xu is just a concubine. If you want to be blunt, then she’s no better than a mere maid servant. You want me to burn incense and pray for her? I’m afraid she’ll cut her life short with that kind of blessing. ”

Cheng Jingrui held his hand out with the banknotes, but when he realized that Qiao Chen wasn’t going to take it, he took his hand back. “Elder brother, if you have the time to spare, you should go shopping in the city. If you see the names Qingxing or Rui Fu on any establishment, those are mine. You can eat and drink as you please. Just take whatever you want.”

“Prince Yong An wanted to talk to me about some business matters. He will get mad if I am late, so I can’t talk more with you. If elder brother runs into anything you can’t handle, just have someone notify me.” Cheng Jingrui finished speaking and left with his attendants following behind. He inwardly thought that Qiao Chen was an incompetent true born son, so he didn’t pay him any attention. He believed that when he finished his busy schedule, he would solve his mother’s problem and suffer, and then teach Cheng Jingyun and his mother a lesson before they could settle in.

“Young master…” Even Qiao Chen’s two attendants were very upset because of Cheng Jingrui’s attitude. However, they were only servants. If they talked too much, then they would only bring trouble to Qiao Chen’s door.

“Let’s go. We’re headed to the Hanwu temple.” Qiao Chen’s mood was still calm. Cheng Jingrui didn’t pay him any attention. He didn’t pay Cheng Jingrui any attention either. The end results would be known after they competed with one another.

Qiao Chen arrived on Hanwu mountain where the Hanwu temple resided.

After he inserted the incense stick, Qiao Chen turned to the monk beside him and said, “Young master, I have a painting I would like entrust to the host. Can you help me pass it along?”

“Yes, please give me the painting, benefactor*.” The young monk seemed to be accustomed to sending paintings to the abbot. They are famous monks and it was very well known that they liked to collect Buddhist portraits.

(T/N: term used by a monk to address others)

“When the young master gives the painting to the abbot, please tell them that this is a painting of Buddha grasping a lotus.” Qiao Chen specifically instructed.