Who You Gonna Call?

"So what happened?" Todd and Mrs. Davidson sat down on the now settled furniture after Dirk insisted on making sure they weren't Mona. She wasn't even there and doesn't play tricks like that.

       "I'm the detective, Todd! I ask the questions." Dirk emerged from the kitchen with two cups of tea for the woman and himself. "So, what happened?" Todd just rolled his eyes.

       "Thank you, dear." She grabbed the tea from Dirk, still shaking, and leaned over to Todd to whisper, "I like this one. He's a lot nicer than your other partners."

       "Why thank you, Mrs. Davidson! Someone appreciates me."

       "We literally just told each other 'I love you' five minutes ago! I appreciate you!"

       "And yet you don't appreciate that I'm the detective and you're the assis-boyfriend." He sat down next to Todd, kissing him on the forehead.

       "And he's a detective? You did good with this one. He has his life sorted out while you play the guitar all day."

       "I will have you know that Todd is the best guitar player in the world! I would know, I know the world, and I found him."

       "Aww, Dirk!" He leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. "But I do have my life sorted out. He, Farah, and I co-own our agency."

       "Well, that's good to hear." She said with a condescending voice. For a senior who accepted his and Dirk's relationship she sure was quite the old biddy.

       "See! We can all get along!" Dirk couldn't sense the sarcasm of the last statement. "So... back to the case. What happened before we showed up?"

       "Well, it started a little after 6. I noticed the lights started flickering, but they were flickering where I went. Instead of all flickering, they flickered where I stood." Todd and Dirk's eyes widened.

       "We noticed that too! We had just left for our date! I knew it!"

       "You told me the universe worked bigger than that, and that it could wait."

       "Well, it did wait."

       "It couldn't have waited a little longer? Thanks, universe."

       "Why do you keep talking about the universe?" Mrs. Davidson was thoroughly confused.

       "Well, you see, I'm a holistic detective. I don't work with pesky clues or stuff like that. I solve cases through the interconnected-ness of the universe." She stared at Dirk.

       "Basically he doesn't have a plan, he doesn't have any idea what he's doing, where he's going, the universe kinda just hands him stuff on a silver platter."

       "I take back what I said, he sounds a little..." She rotated her fingers around her head. "You know."

       "You literally just saw your furniture floating and you're telling me he's crazy? He's not crazy. You'll see."

       "You thought I was mental at first. Although to be fair there wasn't any mad supernatural stuff like this for a while, that quickly changed after you saw Lydia come out of Rapunzel."

       "Sure..." Mrs. Davidson said. "Anyway, things started to fall off counters every once and a while, electronics would turn on and off. And then finally the message was burnt into the wall, I don't think I saw what did it. And then the furniture started floating and you showed up."

       "Todd, you know what I think this is?" Dirk turned to face him with a big goofy smirk. "GHOSTS!"

       "Ghosts?" Todd laughed.