Chapter 45

MELANIE

"Nick." Someone calls. I tilt my head to look behind Nick while he simply turns around-it was a girl. Her lips painted in cherry red and with a cheerful smile, she waves at us. "Nick!" With a broad smile, she shouts again. Putting her hands down, she begins running towards us. "Why does she look so familiar?" I thought, turning to Nick about to ask him who she was but I pause when I see his puzzled face turn into an excited one.

"Rosie." He mutters, a wide smile appearing on his lips.

What the...

Seeing as she runs towards us in exaggerated steps with those heels, she must be someone who's used to them. Eventually with me beside Nick, she clashes her body against his, hugging him so tightly and my eyes shot open in shock. Biting down on my lips and clenching my hand into a fist that my fingers pierced my palm, I try to remain calm. Soon she face palms him, her sharp nails fingering his cheeks. Feeling a taste of blood on my lip from every cringe touch she was giving him, I try not to cuss at her, not after I've succeeded a week without it.

"What are you doing here?" Hearing the excitement in Nick's voice, I roll my eyes, cringing from it all. "How... How are you here?" Grinning, she slowly slides her hands down to his neck, holding him firmly. Watching them in silence, I clench my teeth hard, trying as much as possible not to break.

"It's so nice to see you too!" She says.

Okay, enough with this.

Suddenly I clear my throat, adding a bit of fake cough with it. Soon they both stop, giving me their full attention. Looking wide eyed at Nick, he must have understood my gesture because he quickly clears his throat too. "This... This is Melanie, Melanie this is Rosie." Like I don't know who she is. I remember vividly when Nick used to look at her pictures the first week he transferred here, he enjoyed stalking her then.

Looking at her nod, I need to admit, she is indeed perfect. Those beautiful blue eyes, those blonde hair that the wind just had to make feel so perfect as it shook it every second, those eye brows, those bottom full lips, those nose-hell, all of her.

She flashes a smile, shifting her gaze back to Nick, "Who is she?" She ask. Of course she's curious. Does she really think because she's so beautiful, she still has a chance with Nick, dream on girl. Smiling widely, that I could swear I almost laughed, I also turn my gaze to him, waiting so proudly to hear his reply.

"My girlfriend."

"Oh." Was all she said.

Oh?! What the hell is an oh?! "Anyways." She continues. Didn't she just hear what he said? She doesn't look affected though. "I transfered here." She suddenly said, jumping up excitedly and I choke on my saliva. They both look at me and I quickly replace my miserable face with an awkward smile. "I had a feeling everything would be better here and you being here, I fully agreed to it."

"What of mummy and daddy? I really can't wait to see them again." Feeling a bit of rage take over me, I breath out in a long sigh, finger combing my hair. What the hell does she mean by mummy and daddy?

Nick nods, almost making me slap the back of his head, "I bet they'd be happy to see your too." Cringing at his reply and knowing if I leave them to go on talking, I might end up doing something bad so I quickly intertwine my hands with his.

"Not to sound rude," I smile-It's so obvious to tell I was faking it, "but who are you?" Of course I know who the hell she is, she's Nick fucking ex girlfriend but if there a time for a pay back, it's now.

She takes a quick glance at Nick and nervously laughs, "I'm Nick's friend, nice to meet you." She stretches out her hand for a shake but no way in hell I'm I accepting that.