Chapter 9

NICK

"But this here catches my fancy and that, class is the solution." Seeing the teacher pace back and forth, I let out my breath in a long silent sigh. The class was somewhat boring, I could fall asleep. Looking away, I lower my head, carefully shutting my eyes, I couldn't pretend listening to this anymore. I know geography is good since it teaches us about the earth, it's features, it's inhabitants and it's phenomena but hearing this teach speak, continuously pacing back and forth with no hesitation added with my headache from skipping breakfast this morning, made me weak.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who felt this way. At first you'd think everyone was paying attention to every last bit of what teach was saying, but if you look closely you'd see otherwise. Frank had his desk next to mine so it wasn't hard to see he was sleeping. He's a lucky one for teach not seeing him. With a pen stuck to Thomas's mouth, he kept looking out the window. Tilting my head, there was a lady—probably a teacher. Looks to me he won't be taking his eyes off her anytime soon.

With two of her hands below her desk, Diana was pressing on her phone—It seems like she is chatting with someone. Being sneaky, she was doing the one minute look at teacher and thirty seconds back to her phone. In place of a phone, Carlos had his book, the one from earlier—I have to say, he's really into that book.

The silence of the class was even more oppressive than the teach talking but soon that silent dies down when someone started tapping their nails on the desk. Everyone turning their gaze to where the sound was coming from, it appears to be that girl Melanie—like I said, I wasn't the only bored one.

Diana groans turning to her back, the Melanie girl had her desk behind hers. "I don't if you are just being annoying but would you mind stopping that." Even with the plead, she didn't even budge, she continued what she was doing not giving any thoughts to what Diana just said.

"Melanie," she snaps her fingers in front of her face, "I'm talking to you!" But still no response. "Hey!" Diana shouted this time, getting the teachers attention

"What is going on? Melanie, do you mind stopping that. You'd be distracting others if you don't stop that now." The teacher said.

"Sure." she nodded, suddenly stopping.

Diana scoff, rolling her eyes, "So now you going to stop? No wonder no one likes you, you should really try growing up." She hisses, looking back to the teacher.

[school bell rings]

"Okay class," Teach spoke up, "You guys shouldn't forget to study more about the maps and the planets." She instructed placing her books on her arms and eventually walks out of the class.

"Yo Frank!" Thomas shouts turning to his back. Seeing as Frank was still sound asleep, he proceeds to patting him on his shoulder, "Dude, wake up."

Frank groaning loudly, shaded his eyes with both hands and looks the other way, "Just a few..." He murmurs in his sleep but pulling him up Thomas finally had him seated up. Hearing every word they altered, I couldn't add any comment—he could still be with me for earlier, even though I am fully, not partly right.

With a loud yawn, he stretches both arm in the air, "I'm up. West, you joining us right?" And at once, everyone's eyes turns to me.

My brows furrows and my eyes widen in confusion. Wasn't he mad when I destroyed his definition of fun? Do people these days forgive this easily? Or does he realise now that I'm right? Maybe he does. "Yea... Yeah sure." I shrug. To me I didn't have that much of a choice. I'm sorta stuck with them now.

"Alright, lets go eat." Frank nodded.

First time walking with them to the cafeteria and I couldn't help but feel how strange the atmosphere was. Every other person cleared the open space and withdrawn from our path. There were silent murmurings and looks that I would classify as disturbing but even with all these, Frank and the others didn't seem bothered—what do I expect? They are probably used to it now.